Anyone here in or near Chatham.......

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If so I need a favour.

Someone is selling something I want, but they don't want to post it.

So I'm looking for someone to buy it, package it, and post it to me. It's not heavy and all your expenses including postage will be covered.

would do it for ya if I was near there.

nowt fishy about I reckon, done it loads of times for fellow forum members ( on other forums ( fora?)) and had it done for me a few times too

There's nothing fishy at all.

I need a part to try and fix an LCD tv, but I don't want to spend much because there's no guarantee it's repairable.

the board I want normally sells for about

Tell him you will do it upon producing a copy of his part p registration!!!!! ROTFWL

Okay an update.

this won't be happening, at least not now.

The guy was a plonker (not uncommon for ebay)

He had listed 12 boards all together with a buy it now price of 99p and local pick up only. So not wanting the board I wanted to get away, I clicked the buy it now to buy it, and sort out postage or collection later.

This morning I find he's cancelled the transaction as it's "no longer available" he says he sold them 4 hours earlier. So why were they still on ebay? It does infuriate me when people don't stick to the rules on ebay.

Are you still able to leave him feedback? (I doubt it, but I would check) - and then Neg him !!!

Are you still able to leave him feedback? (I doubt it, but I would check) - and then Neg him !!!
Unfortunately not. As the transaction was cancelled, in ebay's eyes, there's no transaction to leave feedback about.

Only just seen this but I'm going sailing on my brothers boat today and tomorrow which he keeps in Chatham marina :) so I would have done it for ya today if it was still happening

Last edited by a moderator:
What boat had he got.Still getting mine ready to launch in the next few weeks.
Presumably still waiting for when the ice melts in the fjiords then? :) Seriously though they're mad for their boats down that way. When I pm'd you the other day about having to go down that way it was to my fabricator down near Grain power station (v.near Chatham). The lads down there canoe out to a place called Dead Man's Island for "fun" - it's in the river and where apparently some of the Plague victims were dumped. Then a mate has got his boats (yes plural) in Hoo Marina. Don't understand the appeal myself there's a reason why we LEFT the water called EVOLUTION! Nasty, wet, drowney stuff!

Presumably still waiting for when the ice melts in the fjiords then? :) Seriously though they're mad for their boats down that way. When I pm'd you the other day about having to go down that way it was to my fabricator down near Grain power station (v.near Chatham). The lads down there canoe out to a place called Dead Man's Island for "fun" - it's in the river and where apparently some of the Plague victims were dumped. Then a mate has got his boats (yes plural) in Hoo Marina. Don't understand the appeal myself there's a reason why we LEFT the water called EVOLUTION! Nasty, wet, drowney stuff!
Dead mans island ... Are you talking about stangate creek where the old hospital ships are. Just sailed past there :) we belonged to hoo ness yacht club from 1980 to about 2000 which is in hoo marina park so probably know you mate who's got a few boats in hoo marina:). Grain power station was built but never used was it, king north power station is still being used as when we came past it yesterday the police are hovering in boats as apparently there was going to be protesters stopping the coal boats from mooring up.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:33 ---------- Previous post was made at 13:29 ----------

What boat had he got.Still getting mine ready to launch in the next few weeks.
My brothers got a moody 38 and dad sails a prout sirocco 26. Too much upkeep for my liking they spend most winter weekends working on the boat out the water. I just couldn't afford it tbh. 3 kids come first and mrs don't like it so I enjoy going away a few times a year. We have a week away on isle of wight in the summer with me mum and dad. Cheap holiday and kids love it. Do a bit of fishing :)

Dead mans island ... Are you talking about stangate creek where the old hospital ships are. Just sailed past there :) we belonged to hoo ness yacht club from 1980 to about 2000 which is in hoo marina park so probably know you mate who's got a few boats in hoo marina:). Grain power station was built but never used was it, king north power station is still being used as when we came past it yesterday the police are hovering in boats as apparently there was going to be protesters stopping the coal boats from mooring up.Just looked on Google Earth and it's the island due South of Hoo Marina / Hoo Salt Flats - has what looks like fortifications on the NE & SE tips of the island and few sheds and a dock / jetty on the SW tip. Not as far to the East as the power station. No name that I can see.

Don't imagine you'll know my mate, he's only been there a couple of years. A Saffa lad called Simon. Also has a boat in Kingston AND one in Barking Creek called "The Britannia" - oldest tug on the Thames that he's converting to live on.

It takes one to recognise one :innocent
Just got back from sailing,,,

Snapped my centre board flush with the keel so had to come in early:( :(

Saw it floating and shouted to race controller that someone had lost it,,, then I realised it was me:(

Luckily I have 2 spares:) :)

Just got back from sailing,,,Snapped my centre board flush with the keel so had to come in early:( :(

Saw it floating and shouted to race controller that someone had lost it,,, then I realised it was me:(

Luckily I have 2 spares:) :)
Didn't you realise you were sailing sideways without the dagger board lol :)

Didn't you realise you were sailing sideways without the dagger board lol :)
TBH we were making headway, but I now realise that we weren't going quite where I wanted to.. However we were on the first tack of the upwind leg of the race when I noticed it floating there; I then asked my crew to check our centre board and she said it was still there however I thought that she was able to move it rather quickly (clunk clunk as she moved it) on a double check she then saw that it was broken:( on that we abandoned the race and headed in.

I've yet to replace the centre board, I think that'll be a job for Friday or Saturday (If the weather holds off) ; it's quite a faff - boat off trailer and trolley, remove floor boards, tip boat on side, remove old remaining parts and fit new from underneath,,,, then struggle like a mad thing to get the boat back on it's trolley and then trailer:(