Anyone Who Has Not Yet Got A Multitool?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plasticiser,  plasticiser,????

Bit posh that, my budget couldn't stretch that far,

Deke, scrounge some of the builder if you can, if not, steal Mrs Dekes fairy, almost as good, and you don't need a lot, don't use the cheapo stuff though, something decent. 
This stuff's great, waterproofer and plasticiser. A bonus is it has a de-aerating additive that means less tamping to get the air out when doing concrete. On my 4th or 5th 5ltrs.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p80460?table=no

Plasticiser?......because i am worth it!

Oh, and it was £3 for a gallon!,,
I knew it,

big spender,,,,,,   :|

This stuff's great, waterproofer and plasticiser. A bonus is it has a de-aerating additive that means less tamping to get the air out when doing concrete. On my 4th or 5th 5ltrs.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p80460?table=no
might order a load of stuff from them actually,

have you seen the banner across the top

Need it today? Order online and collect from branch for FREE 1 hour later.

FREE,?  do you think if it sounds to good to be true, it is?  :C

Hi all

Sorry for not continuing on from the last message, but just thought i would pop in and say hello to you all as not been on here for a while! I've finally succumbed to getting a multi tool today (Aldi haha).

I suppose in a few weeks time i shall be wondering how i ever managed without one!

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose in a few weeks time i shall be wondering how i ever managed without one!
probably. i bought a bosch 10.8v (already had the batteries from other tools, so no great loss if i didnt like it), liked it so much i then bought a dewalt 230v one. both get used fairly often, and padsaw has now been relocated to spare tools box

Oh ok, thanks Kerching. I will make sure i buy some spare blades from Aldi then.

Good feedback so far on using the Aldi multi tool.

It seems fairly robust however like most cheaper tools there is quite alot of vibration, so I wouldnt like to use it for long periods of time. Because of this I have made sure that I was wearing gloves.

Used it on two jobs so far. One job was to finish cutting back a worktop for the aunt where the circular saw would not cut the last few inches as worktop was left in situ. Also used the multitool to cut away the grout between worktop and wall tiles.

Then used it on another job cutting holes in lath and plaster. This worked really well and the holes were quite neat and tidy. However on hitting a nail it quickly blunted the blade!

Then used it on another job cutting holes in lath and plaster. This worked really well and the holes were quite neat and tidy. However on hitting a nail it quickly blunted the blade!
I think back in the dim and distant I wrote a review of sorts on my Fein multi tool, this was by far & away the best use for day to day electricianing.

I have a corded one and a cordless one, and I'm a vet.

I even have a special shroud and extension that allows me to use it for sterile orthopaedic surgery! :D

We have those....atbthe checkoit they say. "Would you like a carrier bag for 5p to go with that?"
You need smaller thumbs, or a better phone.

You could use a multi tool to modify your existing thumbs!

I heard today that these multitools have now been reduced to £15.99 if anyone still wants one