Asperation system for fire alarm install

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have installed similar systems a couple of times, it is as simple as that - put your sticky markers on where you want a detection point, drill 2-3mm hole. make sure all joints are securely glued and you have an end stop on the end of your run. another thing to watch is that the area is dust free when you comission the panel. you can get tee pieces that connect to a smaller flexible pipe for fitting into heads for ceiling tiles etc depends on site requirements. Also be careful of length of runs, i cant remember actual max run but should be in the installation manual of the panel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb,

I'd seen the maximum length somewhere with max 32 sample points.

I had found the capillary tube you mention, but the one we're fitting is in a ware house, so straight off the tube.

Is there a requirement for condensation traps/drain and sampling test points? Found a supplier who stock them and made me wonder.

25mm Red Air Sampling Test Point - Discount Fire Supplies

3/4" (27mm) Sight Glass Condensation Drain - Discount Fire Supplies

Ridiculous, this job, no one seems to have a clear idea whats required, limited documentation, and abandoned to do it.

It's only a fire alarm after all, not like its important for it to work reliably for a long time
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

I'll have to chase up end plugs as there are non on the order.

Many Thanks

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:31 ----------

this should focus his mind and also promote 'sphincter puckering/twitching'
I like this plan.

the ones i did didnt need the condensation drains or test points i suppose it depends on the site environment, testing was done at the various points we drilled, after all this is where any smoke is detected. i have edited the earlier post because of the hole size, the system i installed was vesda much the same and a bit of light reading http://downloads.xtralis.com/VESDA_CD/Pipe_design/Pipe_Network_Design_Guide.pdf

Thanks Davey, You're a star.

I like the thought of kicking it back to designer, but... kak flows down and I'm at the bottom, sadly.

Just printing guide off now, incase i get no where with phone calls tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Scoobed:)

Update for anyone reading in the future...

Eventually after many phone calls, hole size and fan speeds are determined by the designer of the system using various calculations.

Turns out the problem we have is/was, the system was designed by one company and the parts bought from another. Both said its not our problem any more as you should have designed and bought from one source. Ahhh purchasing departments headbang headbang headbang

Anyhoo. We're installing, then passing dimensions back to supplier, who will calculate hole sizes and other parameters for the system, then we/they'll set it up.

What a joke. :coffee