Best and worse wholesalers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pewter

Conspiracy Theorist™
Reaction score
Having recently had to use the Bethnal Green branch of WF lately i think they deserve a nomination for the worst wholesalers branch i have had to use. The experience goes, waiting for them to open at 8am, they finally wind the shutters up by 8:10-15am . For a day time visit dont be surprised when you walk in to the show room to be met with a sign that asks you to pick up the phone on the desk, dial an extension number to eventually get someone pop down from upstairs and serve you if they have the time to do so. Simple 2d emergency light fittings can take 2-4 days to arrive after going back every day to collect, and dont be surprised if its been kicked around the warehouse half broken, or if you get supplied with a totally different product. Luckily our account is not at that branch, i only have to use them when i sub to another company and some other sucker pays for me getting my time wasted by them.

The best wholesaler branch i have ever used is WF Burners street in the city by Oxford street. They open at 7:30am, and open on sat. They are amazingly helpful, get stock quick, package up stuff to be carried as there is alot of foot patrol when working around Soho and the city. The guys really know there stuff and are fantastic. The company i sub to when using them are quite high profile and they like our custom, but even before they know who i am working for they are great guys.

The CEF on Mortimer street by the Burner street branch of WF are fantastic also. Comparable to the good WF. The bad WF really makes the good WF seem even better though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I once ordered four floodlights from a wholesaler I won't name, I was told they would be in first thing the next morning. At 8.45 next morning I was told that they would be in by 12... I drove the 20 miles to the job, did some work, drove 20 miles back to wholesalers, picked them up & drove back to the job. After installing I found that only two worked, so took the two faulty fittings down & examined them at home - the igniters weren't in circuit...

When I returned to the wholesalers the following morning the manager was quite annoyed because she didn't know they were coming back. I told her that had she told me they didn't work when I collected them I'd have made a 1234ing appointment to take them back...

She never spoke to me again!

I found wilts good. Bit slow service sometimes but nice people but not keeping much in stock as of late. Cef watch your invoices as things get mysteriously added :( . Eddies not bad. Electric centre a bit pricey. Cpc are good prices and stock levels.

Wilts got taken over last night Matty, stock levels should now return to normal....

I generally use Denmans in Wellingborough. They are very helpful seem to stock everything i've needed and open at 7.30 am Mon- fri. Usually get a brew if I pop in on fri afternoon to pick up some materials and they usually have a few good offers on too. So credit where it's due.. Glad the weekends here!!

I've just had to use the Wellingborough Denmans this week. Seems a decent place. I use the Denmans and Edmundsons in Rugby mostly and both are excellent. There's a CEF in Lutterworth and though the staff are nice enough, they are very slow and I find CEF stuff to be mostly overpriced rubbish.

Latest posts