Best place to book 2330

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quirk

Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm wanting to become an electrician but I am 20 (21 in april) and so have left it too late for the government to pay for my college. This means I have to find the best people to book in my level 2 & 3 with. Was hoping someone might have some insight?

So far I have found able skills:

http://www.ableskills.co.uk/electrical-course-2330-level2_and_3.htm

Length: The Level 2 Certificate will require 10 weeks of training and this will take place over a period of 20 weeks, the Level 3 will require 6 weeks of training and this will be completed over a period of 12 weeks.

Cost:

Do it at your local college for about 10% of that cost bud.AndyGuinness
Only thing is it'll take a while to do level 2 and 3 at college. Is it 3 years in total?

Able skills is just round corner from me but are very expensive but my mate done a short course with them and said they are really good and professional.

Other option is home study which you'll be able to do over period of 1-2 years but that's expensive too and they really teach you how to pass the exams rather than the stuff you really need to know.

Cheers

Cheers for speedy reply guys. I would like to get it done as soon as possible as I dont really want to be spending 3 years getting there unless absolutely necessary. I would rather take the shorter but more expensive route. My only worry is do the short courses really teach you everything you need to break into the electrical industry?

or are they just a shortened version of a regular course and so employers arnt interested as you havnt had as much hands on training as other. Thanks again

I think it would be really hard to get a job in the industry as a qualified electrician without experience. All jobs ask for experience which is why I believe many people who haven't been lucky enough to go the apprentiship route have to go self employed. That's just my opinion and others may disagree. Cheers

Also (sorry to throw in another thing!) but I have heard the 2330 lvl 2 + 3 are both being combined now to become the 2357 course. Is this what I should be going for instead? I believe you need work placement for this which I have no chance of because i am over the age of 19 which means the government wont pay the firm to take me on correct?

Sorry I dont have any family or friends who are sparkys so am not as clued up as others so need to ask on here. cheers :)