Bosch GSB18VE-LIRS.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
]:)

Well I brought a Bosch combi hammer to replace my Hilti around three months back. Over three hundred pounds and already it has gone faulty. It won't change gear so if you change from high to low speed the gears are not engaging so you can only use it on high speed. I cannot believe a professional tool can go wrong in three months. Where I brought it from which was online say they don't do repairs so it has to go back to Bosch. They are talking about a 5 to 7 day turnaround not very good I think.

Batty call the Bosch technical helpline, tell them that you are not prepared to accept that a said professional tool failed so easily and that you expect nothing less than a replacement, they will send you out a new one. I did this very thing with my 10.8 Bosch driver only it was 18 month old, sure enough had a brand new one in day's.

They are coming to take it back Monday. I did tell the women I was not happy with the situation. They certainly will not be getting my recommendation.

is it the professional one or the DIY one though?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:12 ----------

I cant find it on BOSCH website! :|

I wouldnt honestly use anything but,

doing solar the roofer had a 24v dewalt impact and would rather use my milwaukee,

I keep needing to do a review, I also have the SDS,

I wouldnt but anything else now that I have used this stuff.

I did have a milwaukee 110 volt SDS drill it packed up the gearbox was shot. I will say that I had lent it to someone it maybe that the guy broke it. It just put me of getting a milwaukee.

batty, I throw everything at them,

if/when they pack up, then you will know about it,

Ive bought good gear for a professional life so I expect iot to last, if not, it will be going back,

if I dont get at least 3 years from it then I will be kicking up something rotten

Milwaukee comes with a three year warranty. Agree with you steps best by far, the power that they have is brilliant, wouldn't change to anything else now, just waiting for me 24v Makita sds to die then I'll be on wih the Milwaukee variant. Steps do you have the 18v red lion version of sds or the older type, as I'd heard that the older variants were a bit of a disappointment being a bit heavy like.

Ive got the newer sds, with the red li batts, the combi and impact are the normal batts, but the li-ion interchange,

BTW, if you go for the 18v sds [i dont know about the 24 etc], make sure you get the quick change chuck one.

it does eat the batteries a bit on 25mm+ double walls, but still more than capable imo .

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was made at 00:27 ----------

thata should read,

the combi and impact are the normal li-ion but the reds interchange.

As said before I generally stick with Hilti. I brought the Bosch as they have a three year guarantee. I work with a chippie who's dad works for Bosch so he gets a bit of discount. He has an expensive Bosch laser level that has packed up and Bosch are saying its to expensive to repair under warranty a bit worrying that so maybe the warranties are not what the a cracked up to be. I hadn't reviewed the purchase of the Bosch yet but have just done it. Well you can imagine my comments. It doesn't come straight up but says it has to be approved first . I can guarantee it won't be listed after all they don't want bad reviews.

My Bosch Gsb18-2-LI combi drill has developed a fault where when you change from speed 1 to 2 the drill makes a grinding noise and the bit refuses to spin.

Also one of the battery packs will not hold a charge properly, have had Mrs email Bosch awaiting response bearing in mind drill isn't even 12 months old bought it last October in Screwfix sale for

I think I said they have repaired it and after about 3 days. They fitted a new gearbox and chuck not very good for a 3 month old drill. At least it is repaired though, sounds like you may have the same problem streety mine was making a grinding noise also.