Brexit bloody brexit !!!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped watching Question Time because the “chairman” never keeps the responders “on topic”, nor does he stop mouthy members of the panel interrupting ..

I stopped watching any programme that involves interviews as they are so steered away from any meaningful information/truth that they serve no purpose. Even shows that involve the public asking the questions or giving an answer to a problem as they are never heard. All I see these programmes do is leave people -the public- frustrated they never actually solve anything or even lead to a resolution so what’s the point? 

When Ted Teeth announced we should have a referendum to remain in or to leave the Common Market, I thought about it and voted to stay in.

What I didn’t vote for was the United States of Europe.

De Gaulle never wanted us in the club.

If we had known what De Gaulle did after the end of WW2 regarding the “US Lend Lease” agreement, just about everyone in the UK would have walked away.

De Gaulle refused to contribute French gold for the LL agreement, “we need the gold to rebuild France”.

As per usual, we picked up the tab.
I didn't know that .   I knew De Gaulle hated us ....may have been influenced by  us sinking the French fleet when they were invaded by the Nazis.

He vetoed every attempt of us joining the "Common Market". 

Last edited by a moderator: