Brexit Resolution?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching a programme the other night where a very smug barsteward was highlighting how he spent £600k on FB advertising to promote Leaving the EU so he could net a small fortune, ie about £220m. This and a few other irregularities in financing the leave campaign probably means the original vote was illegal anyway. 

How was the vote illegal? 

The vote was a simple closed choice - stay or leave, there was no options as to what type of leave or stay we wanted, sure there was propaganda/scaremongering from both but isn’t there with any so called big decision? 

Reality is the number of people who were influenced by any of it was probably marginal as most people had made their decision long before any referendum was held. 

All the BS that’s going on with the politicians now is just game play, they are too afraid to make any decision and will throw it back at the people so they can then say we told you so once our decision is made. 

all campaigns have funding limits to stop those with the biggest budgets just drowning out the competition with advertising. There were serveral breaches of this ruling that is in place to keep the democratic process fair and above board, ergo, if the rules are breached the vote is illegal - voting is a legal process oddly enough.

Queen007Parliament.jpg.574cc21b2d65f7ef1d58509d4054b1c9.jpg

They talk about people being short of contributions and this will affect their pension, well maybe it would for me and you, but you can be sure of one thing, if an immigrant comes here aged say 30 and does work, then when they retire they'll be, in theory about 14 years short on their NI contributions towards their pension, you can bet your life they'll still draw a full state pension though!

Hum .... a 30 year old coming to the UK now would retire at 67 .... meaning they would have a maximum 37 years making NI contributions .... you need 35 to get the full state pension

by the time I retire, I will have made 51 years of contributions ..... and I would get the same as somebody who has made 35 years contributions

Hum .... a 30 year old coming to the UK now would retire at 67 .... meaning they would have a maximum 37 years making NI contributions .... you need 35 to get the full state pension

by the time I retire, I will have made 51 years of contributions ..... and I would get the same as somebody who has made 35 years contributions
I am willing to bet by the time this 30 year old reaches 67, the ladder will have been pulled up further and the state pension age will be 70.

Back to Brexit! 

Another request/ begging visit to EU for another extension for more indicative voting amounting to nothing I suspect. 

Perhaps the next referendum should be run by the bookies- will we or won’t we ??? 

Back to Brexit! 

Another request/ begging visit to EU for another extension for more indicative voting amounting to nothing I suspect. 

Perhaps the next referendum should be run by the bookies- will we or won’t we ??? 
The staggering thing is only now, nearly 3 years after the vote, does she think it just might be a good idea to sit down and talk to the opposition to see what they might accept.

The staggering thing is only now, nearly 3 years after the vote, does she think it just might be a good idea to sit down and talk to the opposition to see what they might accept.

It’s odd or not but all the commentators have been saying that she should have by now and now that she is doing do they are starting to say it’s a bad thing????

talk about between a rock and a hard place   :C  

It’s odd or not but all the commentators have been saying that she should have by now and now that she is doing do they are starting to say it’s a bad thing????

talk about between a rock and a hard place   :C  
Well having peed off the opposition for 3 years, are they really likely to be helpful? Plus her own party will never forgive her - only they are allowed to stab her in the front it seems  :^O