Busy or not ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some work booked in and loads of promises :)

I think it is slowing and the reason is because of the coalition government, the cuts they are planning would lead to massive loss of jobs in the construction industry.

Regeneration programs will be the first to go then new builds.

The company I work for is blowing hot and cold I think. Alot of work one minute then drying up the next.

Got one big contract coming up though that should sort us out nicely.

I have been quiet this week have work but can't get my bum in gear to do it. Have a couple of second fixes to do waiting for plasterer to finish one and do the other so busy but could be busier.

I've got a few jobs booked in

2x cu changes

1x kitchen rewire/additions

1x periodic

200 item pat'ing (ugghhh)

1x fault find & repair (customer called me by mistake an hour ago & gave me the job)

And Mrs 107 wants a second victorian street light down the garden.

In the offing:

1x domestic periodic

1x cu change

1x metal welders workshop re-wire

1x TPN submain move.

Having said that the phone hasn't rung as often as a few months ago.........the mobile companies cold calling dont count.

One month i'm really busy working 'till 10pm. The next month im struggling for work and saving the work for when th apprentice is in. Does my bleedin head in!

J

Yeah it is quiet at the moment. I'm going to be teaching after school Karate classes soon to bring in some extra money. Not a path I wanted to go down :(

quiet here aswell

not even getting the PIR remedials,,customers sitting on them DOH

I shall just add, with you lot being such a helpful friendly bunch even Moderating tasks are quiet. (Thanks guys & girls)

Doc H.

Busy

Insustrial refurb, starting waste to energy plant in feb 2011 for 5 yearsbad day explode

The company I work for is blowing hot and cold I think. Alot of work one minute then drying up the next.Got one big contract coming up though that should sort us out nicely.
I take it back.

The big job has fallen through and there is now talk of people being made redundant! :(

I take it back.The big job has fallen through and there is now talk of people being made redundant! :(
Sorry to hear that, I hope another big job comes along for you all soon.

I work for a large FMCG company and we currently have our highest output and site efficiencies ever and there is a threat of redundancies looming :_|

Fast Moving Consumer Goods?

High site efficiencies probably means turnover related pay and hours ie the more they earn the more they will let you work.

high efficiencies in manufacturing means making more stuff to go out the door cheaper, thus possibly with less people.

used to work in manuf' companies