C&G 2330 Lvl 2 end of year practical

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwiNCFC

Reaction score
What did you guys do for your end of year practical? I just started the 2nd year of the level 2 so im a bit rusty and as i havent an apprenticeship i find practical hard because i have never done it! I am starting to worry about it even though its in may next year but was it hard or is it just basic lighting circuits or radial circuits?

Ta

The C&G issue a spec for the 2330L2 practical which is open to interpretation by the college/training centre who design the installation then get it approved by their external verifier, so every college will have a slightly different take on it. It will probably be a composite installation, trunking, conduit, SWA, T&E & singles. Probably involving lighting & power. In some centres I've seen the candidates do the trunking, in others it's in place already. I've seen it with both steel & PVC conduits & sockets on radials & rings.

Whatever your exam is you'll have to inspect & test it (dead tests only at level 2).

The C&G issue a spec for the 2330L2 practical which is open to interpretation by the college/training centre who design the installation then get it approved by their external verifier, so every college will have a slightly different take on it. It will probably be a composite installation, trunking, conduit, SWA, T&E & singles. Probably involving lighting & power. In some centres I've seen the candidates do the trunking, in others it's in place already. I've seen it with both steel & PVC conduits & sockets on radials & rings.Whatever your exam is you'll have to inspect & test it (dead tests only at level 2).
Cheers, my tutor confirmed that we will need to use steel conduit and will have to prep and bend it all but not sure which circuit he will choose. Hope its not too hard :|