c&g 2391

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megaohm7

Reaction score
I'm currently doing 2391 and our instructor states that there will be no practice on the boards during the 10 wks. It's theory only and that you should try and get some testing in with someone you know to be a practicing electrician that already test and inspects.. When i was studying 2330, the lads doing their 2391 were quite often in the workshop practicing on the 3ph board. Has things changed now? I can get some 3ph testing in myself but for some of the others on the course are only domestic sparks..Whats happening in other colleges up and down the country? :coffee

Perhaps they want to keep their boards in A1 condition for the exams?

With the Chief examiners report for October 2010 they probably don't want another ar$e kicking

Practical training is not required for 2391, the C&G working on the assumption that all candidates are qualified & experienced, however practical training is allowed, given in most centres & recommended by the C&G.

It is a C&G rule that practical training must not be given on the actual assessment rigs. The external verifier will visit centres to inspect the assessment rigs and will also check that training rigs are sufficiently different from the assessment rigs.

Practical training is not required for 2391, the C&G working on the assumption that all candidates are qualified & experienced, however practical training is allowed, given in most centres & recommended by the C&G.It is a C&G rule that practical training must not be given on the actual assessment rigs. The external verifier will visit centres to inspect the assessment rigs and will also check that training rigs are sufficiently different from the assessment rigs.
That explains things nicely thanks..There is only one rig at the college so that rules out any training boards.. ;)

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Cheers for your replies.. I'm lucky that I can get some testing in on 3ph so I shouldn't have problems as such and Im fine with domestic testing and inspection just make sure I follow the testing procedure..And safe isolation..
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Im hoping to do my 2391 soon as I believe its finishing next year sometime. Can anyone confirm the last date when it finishes?

Also the last date that we can enrol on the C&G2356 as this is finishing soon to I believe?

Thanks

Matt

I've not heard that it's being phased out, is it something to do with this new domestic installation (100A) version they've brought out?

Im hoping to do my 2391 soon as I believe its finishing next year sometime. Can anyone confirm the last date when it finishes?Also the last date that we can enrol on the C&G2356 as this is finishing soon to I believe?

Thanks

Matt
I've not heard anything about 2391 finishing next year.. It's not been around that long has it??

2356 last registration is the end of March, last certification a couple of years later. C&G website says 2391 last reg date is 01/04/11 but I have it on very good authority that this will be extended and 2391 will not be replaced until the end of this year.

Why replace a perfectly good exam/qualification? (2391) - if it isnt broken, dont fix it.AndyGuinness
All the C&G electrical qualifications (and most other qualifications too) are being revamped to fit in with a new funding system for further education. This is the same reason the 2330 & 2356 are being replaced by 2357. All the short courses, (2382, 2391, 2392, 2393 etc.) will end and then begin again in a slightly different format. This is not the fault of the C&G or colleges.

My apologies Brian, just getting annoyed with all of the chopping and changing every few years.AndyGuinness
Apology not required Andy, think yourself lucky you don't have to keep up with it all!

If I did I honestly think My head would explode - nothing is simple these days.AndyGuinness
Nope!! Everything keeps changing but it must keep people in tweed jackets in a job!! :Spam2