cable installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougal

Reaction score
I have a job coming up to install a light fitting and cabling in a room with no access from above.

I plan to take the feed from a socket in the room then through a fused spur.

the cabling on the walls can be mounted in trunking but they want the wiring from the wall to the fitting in the ceiling void.

as far as i can tell the joist direction will require to be drilled though.

what is the best way to install these cables with minimal damage to the ceiling? ?:|

unfortunately not and it is unaccessible due to they thought a tilled bathroom floor was a good idea:_|

I have a job coming up to install a light fitting and cabling in a room with no access from above. I plan to take the feed from a socket in the room then through a fused spur.

the cabling on the walls can be mounted in trunking but they want the wiring from the wall to the fitting in the ceiling void.

as far as i can tell the joist direction will require to be drilled though.

what is the best way to install these cables with minimal damage to the ceiling? ?:|
Socket in the bathroom, who put it in

How are you going to turn the light off, or are you using a switched fused spur?

Can you not use the existing light fitting, if one is installed.?

Or you could lower the ceiling.

Or you could cut into the ceiling (house bashing) and use a flexible drill bit to cut you're joist holes, then feed the cable to the light.

And then make good...............

I would disconnect the socket explain there lives are at risk with having a socket in the bathroom.

How are you going to turn the light off, or are you using a switched fused spur? installing a switch in between spur and light

Can you not use the existing light fitting, if one is installed.?No light currently in the room

Have you tried Apaches idea.?The switch needs to be near the door of entry so it would possibly mean a lot of truncking

Or you could lower the ceiling.ceiling is quite low already

Or you could cut into the ceiling (house bashing) and use a flexible drill bit to cut you're joist holes, then feed the cable to the light.may be an idea any recomendation on a flexible drill bit

And then make good

The way I read the OP is that the Bathroom is Above and the room below is where the new light is to be fitted.

Access cannot be gained because the bathroom floor above it is all tiled.

Is that Not the case?

Sockets Can be fitted in Bathrooms as long as they are massive. :)

Could this be fitted in a bathroom then Admin? :D
Gawd Aye. :^O :^O:^O

It'll fit in my bathroom too, and still have 3.5 Metres all around. :D

The way I read the OP is that the Bathroom is Above and the room below is where the new light is to be fitted.Access cannot be gained because the bathroom floor above it is all tiled.

Is that Not the case?

Sockets Can be fitted in Bathrooms as long as they are massive. :)
the socket i will be feeding from is in the room below bathroom (the room to contain the light)

would they go for some wall lights?

maybe run some mini trunking at high level and drops down to the fittings?

Wall light. If not , mini-trunking at low level then up to the end of the central chamber joist. Bodge a hole for the trunking ,bodge a hole for the centre light , poke your widdling stick through and plaster up the holes, you can't work wonders. Switch light on from spur. Wheres all this bathroom stuff come from ?

Widdling stick = lid from YT1 mini trunk.

Deke

Wall light. If not , mini-trunking at low level then up to the end of the central chamber joist. Bodge a hole for the trunking ,bodge a hole for the centre light , poke your widdling stick through and plaster up the holes, you can't work wonders. Switch light on from spur. Wheres all this bathroom stuff come from ? Widdling stick = lid from YT1 mini trunk.

Deke
they have already bought the fitting but sound advice. i will just have to route the cable as sugested. thank you

the bathroom comes in because if they had not tiled the floor i would have full access