Cablecalc+ Megger App

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mmmm,

let me think,

Im not sure what particular one you are talking about,

ROBIN, best test instruments ever made,

and Apple, just a well marketed commercial copy of *nix

so, what one was it you were saying everyone tries to copy?

No no no forget Apple, think iPhone, all other manufacturers are still trying to copy and match it.

Nobody can match it without blatant copying then sued for copyright.

Megger were the leaders in their field and everyone copied and jumped on the band wagon.

I don't recall Robin or anyone else having wind-up insulation testers 40 years ago.

Excellent app.

love the videos on it.

A van driving over the MFT1730 and it still works. I would like to see the other companies do that. All you anti Megger folk. have you actually tried the 1700 series meters? I find the 1500 series a bit fiddly on the live tests but great for the dead ones. The fluke i last tried was great on the live tests and lame on the dead ones. I find the 1700 series Megger the best machine i have ever used.

Dont get me started on the Apple wars. Nothing else on the market comes close. The ease of been able to take it out the box and just use and enjoy the product, on all of there products. Its downside is cost, but it keeps the riff raff out.

two pieces of rubbish mated together doesnt make it any better.!
Well done, mate, my thoughts entirely.

I see someone decided it was an important enough piece of information to lower your rep, though. (The "sad" smilie has been removed).

Well your reasons for your thoughts entirely are what ???
I'm a technophobe. I think iPhones are over-rated, over-priced gimmicks and although I own and use a Megger I am getting more dissatisfied with it at time goes by. When it comes to replacement time (near future) I will be asking opinions and researching the rest of field.

I'm a technophobe. I think iPhones are over-rated, over-priced gimmicks and although I own and use a Megger I am getting more dissatisfied with it at time goes by. When it comes to replacement time (near future) I will be asking opinions and researching the rest of field.
Depends how you look at it, why do all the others keep trying to match the iPhone then if its a gimmick.

I started with the Motorola brick and handset in my van, when you got a call the horn sounded and the headlights flashed. It was way better than a pager and the new custom it allowed me to gain was worth the £900 it cost and £80 a month tariff.

Years down the line and after about 30 phones I'm now using the iPhone, it does everything I want and more if I want it to, however it is still a phone 1st and the fact I have emails pushed straight to me, all my messages, notes, contacts all in sync with the cloud, so I can pick up where I left off on my desktop or laptop is what I like about the iPhone.

Having had over 30 phones its the best I've ever had, and it may not suit everyone but for me I have not found better.

Price does not come into it for me, it's what it does and it's cheaper than my first brick phone by far.

On the Megger front, I have had all the other makes and keep going back to Megger, why because the others don't cut it for me, failures, breakages, lead problems, battery drain etc.

I must admit the 1730 was a disappointment for 13 months, but since the latest firmware update its working like it should have from the start, but at least it's upgradable unlike others where bugs in the firmware are how it is take it or leave it, and the reason I use a Megger.

Fair comment, Steve, but I for one would rather leave the phone at home and let the Mrs take calls on the landline. Constant interuptions are the bane of my life. Many a time I've been tempted to toss the mobile in a bucket of water.

And thanks for the info on the 1730, i've seen mixed opinions of it over the last year. My 1552 is on its last legs and I have been considering going back to separates. I won't decide until after Christmas, though.

Springcrocus, i agree some days the phone rings every few minutes when your busy and never seems to ring when your quiet.

However it has enabled self employed people to operate and not need an office and a phone manned for calls and taking on work or sorting customers out.

When i started in order to get commercial/industrial work I needed an office or more a manned phone, companies don't phone after 5pm,

I rented a small office on a floor of 12 small office rooms and we all shared a secretary who took the calls and then paged us to call in.

It worked and enabled us to gain work and appear professional, but at a cost. As soon as mobile phones came on the scene the office was in your van and then your pocket so no need for manned phone or rented office space.

No no no forget Apple, think iPhone, all other manufacturers are still trying to copy and match it. Nobody can match it without blatant copying then sued for copyright. Megger were the leaders in their field and everyone copied and jumped on the band wagon. I don't recall Robin or anyone else having wind-up insulation testers 40 years ago.
I see Apple are having to apologise for their bully boys tactics now though,

the adverts will be out soon, :|

Well done, mate, my thoughts entirely. I see someone decided it was an important enough piece of information to lower your rep, though. (The "sad" smilie has been removed).
:slap if thats all I have to worry about, I'll be fine,