calibration of multi function

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poheZ

Reaction score
Hi all!

I had my annual $$$ leaching from the NICEIC and one area that proped up was self checking your meter.

He reckoned that i didnt actually need a calibration certifcate and that evidence of self checks (throughresistors etc) would be sufficient for their scheme requirements.

Does anybody get a calibration cert done if they check their machine themselves?

If you have a calibration certificate and do regular self check that are consistent WHY have your tester calibrated?

Money making scam

:|

niceic want you to check your self as well as a cert. they say at any point in a year a tester can be out of sync.

most companies or business`s you work for will want a calibration cert, i know the councils i sub to are very keen.

remember also you have to have your (in my case socket and see cb100 check box need calibrating too )check box calibrating to .

pm if you want an exel sheet for the self testing.

jl,

I am with the NIC as a DI and they do not require annual cal of equipment so long as you have a check box and keep records. They also do not need the check box calibrated as it is only checking for consistency of measuremets and not their accuracy (the cal cert does that), so you need a cal cert immediately followed by check box readings and then monthly checks.

If when you do your monthly checks one of the readings is off then either your box or meter is at fault (you are unlikely to have both go wrong by the same amount!!)

i know m8, thats not what i am saying.. the companies i work for want a calibration ticket every 12 months.. and i have to give them a copy every year.

all i am saying while nic only want confirmation that the tester is ok, different companies want the confirmation of a calibration certificate.. thats all.

would not want anyone to get caught out and to be honest calibration is just a running cost and would be dissolved into the running cost of a business anyway.

i self check and have a cert 12 monthly, this proves to me my results are always correct also keep nic off my back . :)

I like your website links to your work pictures John, i think i will do that!

Tell me, what do you do to increase traffic to your site?

thx for that m8.

i use flikkr for the photos and they are free for 100 pics i think.. i have the pro version unlimited 20 pound a year or something.

i go on various forums and use it as my signature ie: email,gallery and website.

also have my website on the competance scheme websites to.

ie: corgi,niceic,hetas.

also van signed and A board on jobs.

other than that i dont advertise and up to sept last year was getting between 30 - 50 calls a day. :(

working 7 days and saying no to the majority of work.

since november about 3 a week ..lol..

sign of the times i guess.