Cameron gets caught out

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil d

Reaction score
So it looks like Cameron has been caught out with his fairy stories!At the begining of the week following the leak of those documents about offshore investments and tax avoidance,he was asked if he'd ever had any involvement in it,which he categorically denied.It then emerged that he had indeed dealt with the firm apparently before he was PM,now the interesting bit was the wording of the question,he was asked if "he'd ever had any dealings with that particular company",not how much if any money he'd made from it.Then he tried to make everything ok by saying he'd only made £30,000.How much he made was irrelavent,the fact was he lied,this morning on the news there was one of his cronies trying to smooth things over,it didn't go well at all,the interviewer asked him why Mr Cameron thought it was ok to lie about his dealings with the investment company,all the crony kept saying was that it was nothing to do with anyone what Camerons father did,he had a fair point but the question was about David Cameron,not his father,It culminated in a brilliant piece of wordplay by the interviewer.After repeatedly trying to parry the question about why Cameron lied the interviewer said "so basically what Mr Cameron is saying is that it's ok for him and others like him to avoid paying tax while the average man in the street has to"? The guy blustered and tried to say something but almost said "yes",Personally I agree with the call for him to go,I've never liked the man,I've always thought him to be snied and deceitful and this has proved it,he wants a two tier country,the haves and have not's,and before anyone comes out with the old line "we all have the same opportunities" well we don't.How on earth can a lad from a northern council estate who grows up with very little and attends the local comprehensive school be described as having the same chances as some posh kid who's born with a silver spoon in his mouth,who's daddy can afford to buy him the best of everything and send him to a top school like Eaton or Harrow?

It has been handled badley by DC but the press trying to pin something on him through his dead father is disgusting. 

These shares were handed to him by his father and all UK tax was paid. I personally have no issue. 

Or ...

If they can avoid paying their fare share of Tax, why the hell should we pay ours!

It has been handled badley by DC but the press trying to pin something on him through his dead father is disgusting. 

These shares were handed to him by his father and all UK tax was paid. I personally have no issue. 
the whole point of this offshore scheme which is widely regarded as a bit dodgy by the financial institutions is that it avoids paying tax at full UK rates, it's the same legal taxhole lettuced that Starbucks, Amazon etc etc are all using to avoid paying proper levels of tax on UK earnings. And that whole scenario is a hangover from our Empire days. Whar's DC keep saying 'we're all in it together'. Seems some are more out than in.

It's kinda comical, we either look at the old adage of lead b example and expect better

or we ask ourselves if we were in a position to utilise such 'benefits' what would we do? 

The sadness of the whole debacle is that there is little honesty left on this planet, why o why do we consider money so important? You die it matters not how much money you had. 

At the end of the day he paid all tax that was due..what needs to happen is a change in the law so an appropriate amount of tax is paid.

I'm afraid I trust none of our political elite no matter what party they belong to.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's kinda comical, we either look at the old adage of lead b example and expect better

or we ask ourselves if we were in a position to utilise such 'benefits' what would we do? 

The sadness of the whole debacle is that there is little honesty left on this planet, why o why do we consider money so important? You die it matters not how much money you had. 

Try saying that to those that really have nothing. Absolute poverty. I doubt they would agree with your last sentence. 

the whole point of this offshore scheme which is widely regarded as a bit dodgy by the financial institutions is that it avoids paying tax at full UK rates, it's the same legal taxhole lettuced that Starbucks, Amazon etc etc are all using to avoid paying proper levels of tax on UK earnings. And that whole scenario is a hangover from our Empire days. Whar's DC keep saying 'we're all in it together'. Seems some are more out than in.

Not that I'm a DC fan,, but... (if you believe him)

If a foreign registered business makes money in the UK, and then is sold by the UK owner and that owner pays the taxes due then that isn't so bad as say Starbucks etc earning their money over hear, syphoning it all abroad and then paying some minimal tax in a totally different country

IMHO,,, If a business has offices in this country then any profit that it's UK offices generate should be taxed in this country

It is strange that no one or no news channel is reporting the fact that LABOUR were in government when all this happened. 

I was very surprised that it was only £30K. I thought there may be a few more zero's than that.

Storm in a tea cup IMHO.

Maybe the BBC and Guardian need to do piece on Tony Blairs less than transparent tax dealings....

I would like to see publication of all MP's tax returns - not just when they are elected, but when they are up for election.

Politics, of all colours in the UK are just a bunch of spineless jokers....

It is strange that no one or no news channel is reporting the fact that LABOUR were in government when all this happened. 

Hmmmm.

I'm not sure how this is relevant unless you are hardcore conservative? 

They are all as bent as can be, laughing all the way to the bank, which their half brother owns.

power corrupts and that is why we do not have a true democracy.

OMG I scoobed Murdoch!!! :eek:

Hmmmm.

I'm not sure how this is relevant unless you are hardcore conservative? 

They are all as bent as can be, laughing all the way to the bank, which their half brother owns.

power corrupts and that is why we do not have a true democracy.

OMG I scoobed Murdoch!!! :eek:

They are criticising a Tory MP. Who was not PM at the time. About a deal handed down to him by his father, under a tax regime set by the Labour government. 

I personally think this is ridiculous. 

Try saying that to those that really have nothing. Absolute poverty. I doubt they would agree with your last sentence. 
What makes you say that? I remember when I had little money it was the happiest time of my life. 

Remember basic maths: when you have nought nothing can be taken away from it. The moment you have more than this then you have to learn percentages because all and sundry believe they are entitled to their percentage.

The poorest man is not the man without a penny but the man without a dream.  

They are criticising a Tory MP. Who was not PM at the time. About a deal handed down to him by his father, under a tax regime set by the Labour government. 

I personally think this is ridiculous. 
He was still a MP, and only sold his shares when he was in line to become PM.

He was left £300,000 from his father, of which he had £30,000 shares in the same scheme set up by his father. He has profited in the past and is now trying to save his career.

What this revelation has stirred up is the question once a thief always a thief ? Its all about trust, and he has damaged his reputation by being found out.

He was still a MP, and only sold his shares when he was in line to become PM.

He was left £300,000 from his father, of which he had £30,000 shares in the same scheme set up by his father. He has profited in the past and is now trying to save his career.

What this revelation has stirred up is the question once a thief always a thief ? Its all about trust, and he has damaged his reputation by being found out.
Lease explaine how DC is a thief? 

Do I have to? Tax avoidance has been described as such, is a MP or PM above these rules?

Latest posts