Can Anyone Recommend A Decent Head-Torch?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sprocketflup

BDSM SUB & SWAGFAG™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive had a few different ones now and they've all been dire, was just about to look for another and thought " I wonder if the good chaps and chapettes at TEF can recommend a good one"

Anyone?

I have a Lenser H7R. Cracking head torch and it is rechargeable OR normal batteries. As with all other 'decent' head torches though, it chews the batteries. Although it does have variable brightness and obviously the dimmer you have it, the longer it lasts.

I have a Petzl Tikka 2. Have had it for at least a couple of years and it's great.

I just got two of the cheapest lamps I can find.....

if/when one fails just buy another cheapo item...

As long as I have at least two in my tool box if one fails I always have a spare lamp to call on...

:popcorn

DSC_0768.jpg

£ 20 at Costco ;)

They`re rather good

I just got two of the cheapest lamps I can find.....

if/when one fails just buy another cheapo item...

As long as I have at least two in my tool box if one fails I always have a spare lamp to call on...

:popcorn
Tried that, but ended up in an unboarded pitch black loft space with a head torch that provided less illumination than r.b.

just......falling thru ceilings

DSC_0768.jpg

£ 20 at Costco ;)

They`re rather good
Can't go wrong there bearing in mind the brand. Costco only really sell "good gear". Don't think I've ever bought anything from Costco that I don't STILL use. Thurrock here I come not that I haven't got enough head torches!

Up until I discovered LED head torches with the battery pack at the back of your head I'd always used this style of 4xAA Draper torch. In the old days they had a single 6V MES bulb and they ate batteries. Used to have one set in and one set on charge. Draper then started doing the same size torch with LEDs which was better.

Selection_008.jpg

Had a right result on eBay I bought several LED "clones" of these for £1.50 each. They were cheap as the instructions were "all in French"!  :lol:  I have one in each car, one hanging in the loft, shed, garage etc.

Believe it or not, Home Bargains have a £1.50 headtorch that is an absolute bobby dazzler.

12 led jobbie with low/med/high/flash.

A good buy!