Capping... again.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep stone. Theres a thick layer of render going over it all first though to level out the walls. Most of the walls have bellies in them like the bloke in Slipshods avatar.

Plan is that i will then drop my cables in and cap them off so no chasing. Then its a mixture of dot and dab and skimmed walls.

The owner of the property has got a plasterer from up their neck of the woods so ive no idea what hes like. Best to cover myself and cap, he could be a right butcher.

Oh and gas guns hate the cold I framed my house out last winter and had to keep a spare gas in my pocket and switch the one in the gun for the warm in my pocket if I put the gun down for more the ten minutes. a right pain:_|

Yep stone. Theres a thick layer of render going over it all first though to level out the walls. Most of the walls have bellies in them like the bloke in Slipshods avatar.Plan is that i will then drop my cables in and cap them off so no chasing. Then its a mixture of dot and dab and skimmed walls.

The owner of the property has got a plasterer from up their neck of the woods so ive no idea what hes like. Best to cover myself and cap, he could be a right butcher.
I have found with most of the older propertys that I have worked on have sand and lime morter which is usually soft so nails usually go straight in. Find out from plasterer how much muck he is putting on. You maybe able to use oval conduit or round conduit to put your cables in. I usually cement my boxes in with a strong mix because if you use bonding it dosen't dry out on wet walls. Talk to the plasterer about job he may have ideas. I wouldn't think you would need a nail gun on this job. I think they are lethal and can cause a lot of damage.

Batty

i have a spitt gun, they are expensive but for some jobs its the bogs dollocks

i use it mainly for saddles on swa, hold swa, line up saddle, bang, done, next one, bang done, next one.... absolutely mint

have seen in shatter some bricks for backboxes though but its perfect for concrete beams and external walling

i got it second hand, it was