CCTV Needed (Advice).

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
There has been a few burgularies in the area of late. (Two in the middle of my street, early hours this morning).

I don't have a huge budget, but I was hoping for some advice on External cctv cameras that could cope with direct sunlight and also have night vision too. I want good quality image, naturally. :)

I know this is a lot to ask.

Many Thanks,

Admin.

CPC seem to do some competitive offers.

I can't tell you what you need though, but I would be very interested in finding out myself as it is something that I was considering recently...

they are static dome cameras, but you could go for a d105 240 cctv dome like what we have got in the outdoor bracket mount, and that will give you full PTZ movement and zoom ; )hth

http://www.securitytec.co.uk/

These do some pretty decent gear for the price, Guys in shop (on end of phone) are decent and helpfull too. Had a few systems off them and punters are always impressed (And so am I if i'm honest). The higher end night visions on this page are decent.

http://www.securitytec.co.uk/index.php?sc=3&scn=Nightvision Cameras

Had a couple of the domes too with good results.

Make sure you get a suitable 'distance' as cameras designed for 50m range generally are no good looking at something 15m away. They are ok during day but its at night when the IR LEDs kick in and it suffers white out as they is too much IR light.

Hope this helps.

Chick with your local police and council about permission to install CCTV

AS in some areas there this restriction

Chick with your local police and council about permission to install CCTVAS in some areas there this restriction
As far as I am aware it's nowt to do with the police or council.

:|

There may be implications under the data protection act if your cameras overlap public areas or other people's property, but that is a whole different subject for discussion/argument in many cases... I will try to dig up a relevant thread from another forum when I have a chance.