Changing meter tails

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great video, it literally did go down the road, lol. Anyway Tony, its only like welding without a face mask, just shutting your eyes at the right time, we've all done it... :Blushing

great video, it literally did go down the road, lol. Anyway Tony, its only like welding without a face mask, just shutting your eyes at the right time, we've all done it... :Blushing

Errm, now I am a welder... I can tell you that TWENTY EIGHT volts at 300 or 400 amps gives you one hell of an arc. Just a "mere" 230v at anything up to 16kA does not bear even thinking about... Between phases would be far far worse...

john..

With bits of copper and iron embedded in a lobster red face. He really was a mess.

The back up breaker was 1200A
Brother had an induction furnace blow up in his face, the splatter on the wall was something out of a walt Disney cartoon, lol. He had one hell of a sun tan if a little wrinkly with it.

Best I managed was a 5 minute blinding from shorted busbars. Anyway are we saying slotting that little 16mm single into a Henley is too hard ?

Errm, now I am a welder... I can tell you that TWENTY EIGHT volts at 300 or 400 amps gives you one hell of an arc. Just a "mere" 230v at anything up to 16kA does not bear even thinking about... Between phases would be far far worse...

john..
16000A off a domestic would be a challenge, you might get 1000A for a few seconds if really lucky and if you try really hard.. lol

Brother had an induction furnace blow up in his face, the splatter on the wall was something out of a walt Disney cartoon, lol. He had one hell of a sun tan if a little wrinkly with it.

Best I managed was a 5 minute blinding from shorted busbars. Anyway are we saying slotting that little 16mm single into a Henley is too hard ?

We had a dead short on our furnace busbars, 80kA bit lumps out of the 8x⅜” bars. The same lad with the lobster suntan closed the LV breaker next to where the fault was, he needed clean underpants. Yet another little problem for me to sort out, cross interlocking all the breakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a sadly typical, unhelpful and self important post. It was yours originally that gave me a hint of what sort of forum this was likely to be. You and Steptoe make a great pair. 36DD I would suggest. 

Maybe you actually don't have much of a clue of the real world, it certainly seems like you don't operate in it. At least you got the grumpy bit right.

If you can't make any useful or sensible comments, just **** ***. Would you make allegations of this sort face to face?

I will now take my leave of this place, thank you very much.

@Part-time-Paul

Please refrain from offensive language and trying to bypass the swear filter, your post has been edited.

You have now had a formal warning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just today I was on site to make some "adjustments" as 1 of 2 meters were to be removed and the existing 100A supply needed to supply the 2 existing CU's .... along come the SSE man to do his stuff - before he started he asked me what I needed - to which I said - I need you to pull both fuses (neither had a seal) - to which he said "I can pull the fuse for the 2nd meter but not the first" - I would have to do it!!

So I did and he left before the work was complete, so the seal wasn't replaced either..... happy days.

Latest posts