combi boiler conversion

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L,N,E to rf unit then 4 core upto boiler do u then link live over to common in rf unit

Yup, salus ones come with a link fitted

For those that use the RF stat with the Worcester timeclock then you remove the link, connect a permanent live to the L terminal, Neutral to N, LS to COM and LR to NO

Worcester time do u mean on the boiler I don't think it has one she wants a stat and timer combined I think ?

Salus RT 500RF that Noz mentioned has stat and timer combined, absolute piece of cake to fit and set up. I just fitted one last week to my Valliant Combi. Took a 5 core from the boiler to receiver which is mounted next to boiler, L N E and the switch pair, removed link that the switch pair go into on the term block, job done. I bought mine from an ebay shop, item number 140613502083 about

Last edited by a moderator:
Worcester time do u mean on the boiler I don't think it has one she wants a stat and timer combined I think ?
I was just commenting for readers of this thread who might IYKWIM

You do know that Worcester do a RF programmer for their boilers,,, absolute piece of cake to install, no wiring necessary although I think the LR - LS link in. the part number is DT10RF but it costs knocking on

Right well I think she was looking at the Drayton one but I'll suggest the 1 u use it is also cheaper thanks every one

The Salus RT500-RF receiver unit has a set of volt-free contacts so it is compatible with the vast majority of combi-boilers (it is just a basic RF controlled relay)

The thing to remember about RF room stats is that the volt-free contacts in the receiver unit simply do the same job as the contacts in a basic 2-wire room stat (all the rest of the wiring is to power the send-receive system).

5-core HR flex from the spur/receive unit to the boiler can make things easier as many boilers only have one cable glanded entry into the control box.