Connecting Tails Into Transformer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
Hi All 

please can someone advise me on this ... We are trying to change the tails into a Panel Board fed from the 400v side of a transformer that is on site . 

Weston power have sent us a silly silly quote for 24 Man hours to connect in tails to the transformer . 

the questions i have 

1) can we get another company to connect in to the Transformer ( i.e a HV company )

2) can we do it if the 11KV is isolated to the Transformer further upstream ( we got told this from one of the technicians who works for western power but not sure if this is true ) 

3) 24 Man hours to connect parallel 500mm AWA cables ... Really !!! 

Cheers 

Sorry Daniel  but its probably a sound quote ,  as Noz says ,  3 men for a day.      Their overheads must be huge . 

I doubt if you can work on the 11KV side mate .   

I'm under the impression that the company owns it as they paid about 50 k for it 5 years ago but ,,, that could be just the cost to get the electricity to the site . 

i will be honest not too fussed what the price is as I'm not paying it , but i know the customer isn't too happy with what they quoted . 

but it wouldn't be the 11kv side we work on but the LV side ... see here ( by the way ... we didn't install these tails )

FullSizeRender_zpsk47tgh6a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:slap

as for the customer - they are never happy. I would avoid getting too involved danny. Always worth asking WP if they can 'do something' with the price, they quite often drop a little when asked nicely.