consumer units

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys, i am looking for 4 x 16/18 way consumer units, with busbar mcb, and main switch, straight board not split load, any ideas who would make them that size, single phase?

http://www.qvsdirect.com/Protek-15-Way-Consumer-Unit-C-w-Mainswitch-MCBs-pr-16914.html

this would be ok, just to run the lighting display, i know its protex but its only going to be on a max of 1 month. and a main switch next to all 4 like this ;)
untitled.jpg

You can buy some rubbish on there. I brought a so called new three phase main switch looked ok but when I went to use it realised one of the screws would not tighten up. Just be careful what you buy.

yeah i was joking about ebay im gonna phone the wholesalers in the morning and ask them what they can get, it would be good to have one c/u with all the ways, but i think it will have to be 4 seperate ones in a line across the wall :(

What do you mean 'take out the guts' . Use a 3 phase board and link the incomers together. I have done that quite a few times. Remember to mark up 220/30/40 Volts ( whatever it is this week)
250v Monday down to 230v by friday.

the busbars wont be used, theyll be taken out, the live feed from each channel on the controller will be taken from the controller box to a consumer unit, like in the picture, then from the consumer unit to each part of my display. if that makes sense.

untitled1.jpg