Cooker Switch Advise Please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vad25

Reaction score
Hello all.

Need advise about cooker switch I have to change. Problem is wiring 16sqmm T&E and not so easy to connect, may be some of you used something different than ordinary cooker switch.

Thank you.

I'm moving it about 10cm and have to change the face plate and surface box , previous installer just cut off a couple of strands and  when fitted switch back break wires insulation, no sleeves or green-yellow tape on CPC. It is not cooker with huge power just 7.5kW but I can't change cable it is just kitchen renovation and I work there as sub-contractor.

Thank you.

Vad

Last edited by a moderator:
Cable is long enough to move switch and switch going to be in cupboard so I was thinking about main switch and enclosure (small DB) just never done that before.May be it isn't good practise.

Cable is long enough to move switch and switch going to be in cupboard so I was thinking about main switch and enclosure (small DB) just never done that before.May be it isn't good practise.
That sounds like a better plan than trying to fight 16mm t&e into a cooker switch in a standard back box.

I would use a 100A DP switch in a 4 module box to give a bit more room (with two blanks obviously)

Last edited by a moderator: