Copper Price / Copper Prices / Scrap Values

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They got through a window, which i've boarded over now from the inside. They tried getting through the door but thankfully the frame held out, but I still put an extra 5 lever lock on it to give it a bit more security.

I was thinking about putting some bared off cable on the inside and connecting to the mains! ]:) bad day explode

Here's a better way to sell your scrap. Ebay.

I ripped out a load of stuff for a refurbishment, and unusually I pulled out some usable lengths of 2.5mm t&e ranging from 8 to 10 metres.

So I put them on ebay. Sold them for

And gave you half of it being a good boss.
He did actually, which was very nice of him. The pikey's got into his garage about 6 months ago and cleared it out, must of been 30-40 rubble sacks full of T+E they took. :(

Starting a rewire next week, the old wiring is all lead covered twin core. Anyone got an idea what sort of price that may bring

Was told on Thursday when I went on a honeywell course by all the gas safe people that scrap copper has halved in scrap value to

Bad news about the scrap but the honeywell course was really good as my knowledge of central heating was next to nothing. I was only sparks on course with another approx 15 plumbers/gas engineers. We all had to wire an s plan and a y plan on the board which was good. They even plugged the rigs in live with lids off etc and started prodding around thermostats etc whilst live lol. Had to stop myself from pulling their hands out the way of live parts.

When we started the wiring everyone waited for me to stArt so they could follow mine but I didn't know much really but both systems were wired right first time so all good.

Would defo recommend this course for new electricians and they told me they were going to be doing an advanced fault finding course but needed to work out how to run it as people will need to prove part p registered to go on course. Which is good as I'm sure all these plumbers/gas safe people will be doing all their own wiring without any part p but I cat really talk as a radiator got moved last week for a customer and the boiler lid just fell off. :)

Highly recommended course tho and a good range of products from honeywell. Your knowledge is probably alot so you wouldn't learn alot about the electrical side but the product range is good to know. Ie, what programmers fit the industry standard backplate etc and the guides I've been given are a real help. Also got given a memory stick with the course which have all the slideshows from the course so you don't have to make notes.

The course was

I went on that course a year ago. I would defo recommend it.

I wired my first FULL heating system last week. I was worried that something would be wrong, but the plumber just said no it was fine. :)

Strange scrap values have gone down a lot but new has only gone down a slight bit buts thats always the way in this country they find an excuse to put things up but rarely put them back down.

yeah second that, everyone saves it for christmas weigh-in.

I took some unstripped cable last week- 1.20 a kilo

Im on a job now where I've ripped out loads of metal clad fuseboards. Are these worth carting to the scrappers? If so is it worth stripping everything from them?

Also, I can never really be bothered to strip cable as I never have enough larger size. got quite a bit of 16mm T+E and some other larger sizes. What sort of size cable is the smallest thats worth spending time stripping?

cheers