cscs / ecs cards how long they last?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a side issue guys, (sorry to highjack) but if someone (like me) was part p registered in a competent person scheme (like elecsa) and had the elecsa membership card, would I need a cscs card still if i wanted to go on site and work?

yes, cscs is site safety ELECSA havnt asessed you health and safety knowledge only the fact you have a policy, a nvq3 can exempt you for a number of years. i have a CSCS logo on my jib card so i take it im all good for as long as the card lasts.

yes, cscs is site safety ELECSA havnt asessed you health and safety knowledge only the fact you have a policy, a nvq3 can exempt you for a number of years. i have a CSCS logo on my jib card so i take it im all good for as long as the card lasts.
yes wozz.

timing is key if you already have a jib card however here is the principle.

you take your ecs test and you get a certificate for that which lasts 3yrs.

you use this to gain access to sites requiring cscs as ecs is affliated with cscs and is recognised by main contractors.

then nearing the expiry of the ecs cert apply for your jib card

as the cert is valid (even only for a few months its still valid) it is then applied to your jib card which lasts a further 3 yrs.

hey presto

B-)

So pray tell me the point of 'induction' when coming to a new site for the first time? (if one has H & S as part of the cscs thingy why induction is the Q)

So pray tell me the point of 'induction' when coming to a new site for the first time? (if one has H & S as part of the cscs thingy why induction is the Q)
every site is different. muster points need to be known etc

Don't think the Certificate actually last 3 years. I think it only lasts 1 year.

on the last two site inductions i have had, they have asked if i have cscs ive said 'ive got a ECS card in the van, i will go get it' both times the reply was 'dont worry'.

Don't think the Certificate actually last 3 years. I think it only lasts 1 year.
tried to find expiry info but they keep that quite for obvious reasons headbang