cu change & extending the cables

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
hello chaps,

just a general question about extending cables for a cu change.

where do you hide the joins? in trunking? do u use wagos on 2.5 ans 1.5? or heat the lot?

if any one has pics of this please post i would be most intrested.

thanks

I find that most of the cables will usually reach to within the new CU. I then extend them if required using insulated through crimps.

Ive seen quite a few inside the cu where there heatshrinked as was too short when board changed. Is that what you mean or are you talking about moving the cu somewhere else and what do you do with the joins?

Thanks again Paul for sending me all that info over re Elecsa.

Nice One

Cheers:)

Ive seen quite a few inside the cu where there heatshrinked as was too short when board changed. Is that what you mean or are you talking about moving the cu somewhere else and what do you do with the joins?Thanks again Paul for sending me all that info over re Elecsa.

Nice One

No prob, good luck with it

If they fit into the cu then I would crimp as the others have said.

Normally there is enough room for them. If the cu is to be moved I use an adaptable box with din rail mounted connectors or wago din rail connectors.

thanks GH, do you have any pics or links so i can see the explaned?thanks
I am doing one at the moment, I will take a picture tommoro for you, and post it tommoro night.

Its a metal adaptable box with two din rails mounted and should give you an idea.

Thanks again Paul for sending me all that info over re Elecsa.

Nice One

Paul, I'm going to be registering with Elecsa in the next 2 or 3 months. I'm not too worried about the assessment, but not sure about Risk Assessment Procedure, Health & Safety Policy, Complaints etc.

Also do you need 2 jobs for assessment or will 1 do. I am in the middle of wiring a new build for my brother and am going to be using it for assessment. Looking over their website it says 1, preferably 2 jobs. Will they be ok with just 1 as I haven't really got anything else I can use.

If it's not too much trouble, could you send me any info. regarding above paperwork. I will PM you my email address.

It would be greatly appreciated

Andy

Paul, I'm going to be registering with Elecsa in the next 2 or 3 months. I'm not too worried about the assessment, but not sure about Risk Assessment Procedure, Health & Safety Policy, Complaints etc. Also do you need 2 jobs for assessment or will 1 do. I am in the middle of wiring a new build for my brother and am going to be using it for assessment. Looking over their website it says 1, preferably 2 jobs. Will they be ok with just 1 as I haven't really got anything else I can use.

If it's not too much trouble, could you send me any info. regarding above paperwork. I will PM you my email address.

It would be greatly appreciated

Andy
i just did a cu change, they were happy with that, after all they want your cash lol

pm me and i will send over what i have

Just for paul b

Click on the thumbnail for larger picture.

The main din rails are using standard panel wiring connectors, and to the right you can see the wago type connectors which are din rail mounted.

Just for paul b

Click on the thumbnail for larger picture.

The main din rails are using standard panel wiring connectors, and to the right you can see the wago type connectors which are din rail mounted.
Is that for some sort of lighting set-up?

Lot of blue wires sleeved with brown.

Is that for some sort of lighting set-up?Lot of blue wires sleeved with brown.
Yes they could not decide how many circuits to switch so I put loads in so they can please themselves when the time came.

There is two seperate supplies and 9 switched circuits with the capacity to increase if they wanted to later.

I have 12 switch wires down to switch but only 9 are used at the moment, giving me spare cables if needed.

All the cables are LSF