Cumbria Shootings

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apache

Cow Fiddler ™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts go out to the surviving victims, the victims families, the emergency services and the residents of Cumbria.

A real tragedy that shouldn't go by without note, I feel.

We have guys in that part of the world.

Dunblane & Hungerford all over again.

If you really want to go why take 12 innocent people with you. Makes you think how many other nutters are lerking about in the UK.

Thoughts go out to the surviving victims, the victims families, the emergency services and the residents of Cumbria.A real tragedy that shouldn't go by without note, I feel.

We have guys in that part of the world.
Thoughts also to the family of that 16year old school girl who died in that coach crash last week.... :(

From what I understand her funeral was due to be today, also in that same part of the world! :(

Some Cumbrain residents with major loss and trauma all round. :_|

(apologies to anyone concerned if I have my facts wrong.) :| :x

Thoughts also to the family of that 16year old school girl who died in that coach crash last week.... :( From what I understand her funeral was due to be today, also in that same part of the world! :(

Some Cumbrain residents with major loss and trauma all round. :_|

(apologies to anyone concerned if I have my facts wrong.) :| :x
You are correct. Died on her 16th birthday. :(

I always find it terrible and sad when young people die they have so much to live for but any loss of life is so sad and when guns are involved so pointless.

A sad business indeed, thoughts to all in Cumbria.

Hungerford (Mr Ryan) remember it well, just up the road & I used to work with a few people who were in the firing line on the day.

From what I understand her funeral was due to be today, also in that same part of the world! :(
I was working about 15 miles away, heard it all unfold on the local radio. Police apparently stopped to tell people leaving funeral to go back inside.

Some horrendous stories on the radio, many more will come out over the next few days I'm sure.

Have to say local radio (BBC Cumbria) were absolutely fantastic - too much practice reporting disasters lately!

I was working about 15 miles away, heard it all unfold on the local radio. Police apparently stopped to tell people leaving funeral to go back inside.Some horrendous stories on the radio, many more will come out over the next few days I'm sure.

Have to say local radio (BBC Cumbria) were absolutely fantastic - too much practice reporting disasters lately!
I can only echo what the others have said Mate. My thoughts go out to all those affected, both directly and indirectly.

Terrible.

It must be terrible for the families involved , as above , too much sadness.

I saw a comment earlier " Why didn't he just shoot himself first?"

The government tried to pull in all the firearms after Dunblane but I think they only succeded in taking them from the responsible gun club people .

I was surprised at the time to find that our friends son-in-law had to hand in a licensed shotgun . Why would they grant a licence for a shotgun in the middle of Birmingham in the first place ?

I was surprised at the time to find that our friends son-in-law had to hand in a licensed shotgun . Why would they grant a licence for a shotgun in the middle of Birmingham in the first place ?
Clay pigeon shooting?

I live in a rural area similar to where it happened and I am a gun owner. I can see both sides of the argument.

Very simply guns are not dangerous - it's the people who have them that are!

An unbelievable chain of events in Cumbria since the floods of last year..

Tragic no, horrific yes.

As for today's event, clearly the culprit in question lost it, big time (as many have, that follow this pattern of events).

I have visited Cumbria (The Lake District), every year since 2002, I saw the devastation caused by the floods in Cockermouth earlier this year..

I'm sure many in Cumbria are looking back at recent events, and wondering what has happened to one of the UK's most favourite destinations..

I just think its sad that this sort of thing is now all too common.

I honestly believe there is more good in people than bad, I just wish that the bad would not be so evil.

I can only follow with everyone elses views this is truely horrific, my prayers go out to everyone involved Victims , victims families and friends, the emergency services, all the residents of that small communities.

Cumbria is an amazing place , I would go so far as to say even prettier than Cornwall.

From the news I heard earlier Whitehaven has one of the lowest crime rates of the UK, it is amazing how this kind of thing always happen in the nicest places.

My views on guns are very cut and dry although I am sure others will disagree, as Apache said guns are not dangerous it is the people that use them and as none of us know for sure that we wouldnt be tempted in the right situation that we wouldnt use them, then no one but police and military should have them, to much sadness today this coupled with the death of the women and her 23 month old baby in another "quiet village" in Derbyshire , will it ever end ?

I just think its sad that this sort of thing is now all too common.I honestly believe there is more good in people than bad, I just wish that the bad would not be so evil.
Well, not that common, but still too often.

2010 - 1996 - 1987..

Not wishing to disrespect or trivialise the horror and trauma of this event,

but in relation to the gun debate.....

More people are killed on the roads in UK each day. :(

Quite frequently involving younger drivers and/or intoxicating substances and/or speeding etc..

Comparing with different measuring scales guns appear safe. :|

As with many debates, there is no clear cut easy answer.

Latest posts