CV Advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yid0

Reaction score
Hi chaps,

I've been asked to send a CV to a big electrical firm, and I don't know whether to structure it like a normal CV or not. I've written loads of CV's before, but not in the electrical or construction industry. Are they any different? And if so, how should I do it?

I'm not fully qualified yet. I'm doing my C&G Level 3 now. I finished my Level 2 in June. I passed my H&S test at the JIB six weeks ago, in order to get my 'Labourer' ECS card. If anyone can help, I would really appreciate the advice.

Regarding the personal profile paragraph, what am I classed as? Trainee? Electrical labourer? I don't know what to call myself!

I don't know if I'm going to send a covering letter, as it's a friend that's passing my CV on to one of his contacts.

I always format my CV chronologically with my first job after my personal details & profile. I also tailor it to suit the position I'm applying for & highlight relevant experience & achievements to target the skill sets that the position requires.