Dimplex Storage Heater Fxl 18N

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gospete

Reaction score
If anyone is familiar with this or a similar model, I would be grateful for any advice.

As an off peak night storage heater, it also has a convector / boost function connected to the peak (day) supply.

I wonder if anyone can help regarding the single control knob on this heater. I've looked at the Dimplex blurb on the web but it seems a bit vague.

The knob controls the boost convector during the day like a normal 'click' thermostat. But I can't quite understand what effect it has overnight. Does it also control the input to the brick elements ? If so, it seems to do this independently of the thermostat clicking on and off - ie. set to minimum, the bricks still get hot overnight even though the thermostat is no where near the 'click' position.

Thanks.

IIRC its a totally separate unit, combined into the same unit.

The boost is only really mean't to be used as a boost for when it gets "extra" chilly and it will be relatively expensive to run for long periods

....now if you had the Quantum models then they are part of a system which will automatically regulate the room temperature, adding a boost as necessary

Many thanks for the reply.

Sorry, what does IIRC mean?

If I understand you correctly. The single control acts as a thermostat for the convector/boost, during the day. But it also controls the power to the bricks overnight by some other means (not related to thermostat click position).

The off peak wiring diagram shows a 'Twin Sensing Stat'. Is this the bit that's ganged with the day thermostat as part of the single control?