Dodgy Shower?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairyspark

Reaction score
hello again everyone not been on here in a while, but i need some friendly advice so i hope yous are all still out there. I was asked to go and look at a shower the other day and i couldnt work something out. The neutral had some bad heat damage the outside of the connector block was black with heat damage and the conductor insulation was brittle from the heat for about 2 inches down the cable, I dont have any pictures sadly and i disconnected it and made it safe etc. before yous all start shouting at me lol the cable was the right size for the shower, 8.5kw shower = 36.9A @ 230V cable used was 10mm2 twin and earth installed reference method 100 which can carry 45A connected to a 40A breaker...cant think of any other info lol

thanks in advance :)

Bobby 

poor/loose connection most likely,

check the pull switch too,

most faults I find on showers is nearly ALWAYS the neutral burnt due to a poor connection.

Always find the same on cookers / showers, poor connection is most likely but would like to hear another explanation as to why its always the neutral that goes & why people think its ok to not tighten the neutral properly???!!!

Latest posts