Doh!!! had a brief plonker moment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There I was merrily feeding some singles down some conduit runs today...

got to a point part way down a run before a bit of a dog-leg, double bend & branch off to a light fitting...

I pulled a few meters through the existing conduit I had fed,

then proceeded to thread it around me dog-leg section...

feed... feed... feed. feed...

oh.. me loose cable loop has gone a bit tight..

oh doh!!! It had threaded through the back of my step ladders when I picked up the end to continue feeding!!!

errrrr! pull that bit back out and re thread excluding step ladder loop!!! :p :eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O:pBlushingBlushingBlushing

How far would you have got it before taking a hacksaw to the steps? ;)
Applaud Smiley:^O:^O:^O:^O

couldn't of gone too far... it was only a double garage, with some lights & two way switching!!!

unless of course I started doing laps around the walls too make it longer!]:)Blushing:p:p

Applaud Smiley:^O:^O:^O:^Ocouldn't of gone too far... it was only a double garage, with some lights & two way switching!!!

unless of course I started doing laps around the walls too make it longer!]:)Blushing:p:p
You're not suggesting you would make the job seem bigger than it is to inflate your bill?

Those are the extra cables a good spark puts in to make the job look more complicated...so they can ramp-up the bill!!!
Applaud Smiley:DApplaud Smiley:DApplaud Smiley:D] :)

I've done this a couple of times myself, but with more immovable objects like rsj's etc.. like you it didn't take long to realise what I'd done... :^O :^O:^O
Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley:^O:^O:^O

A spark...

is NOT a true spark......

until he/or she.... has threaded a cable round / through / over / under something that it shouldn't thread round!!! :( :OX( :_| :_| :_|

Mr Noz.... you are most definatly a TRUE spark!!!!

:) :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

We have all done it at some time, I threaded mine into a void in the wall, 10' run 30' later Im thinking this isnt right. Then it dawned on me. Blushing, no excuses I was just rushing to get the job finished as it was 16.30hrs, ended up finishing @17.20hrs. Applaud Smiley:^O:p

oh doh!!! It had threaded through the back of my step ladders when I picked up the end to continue feeding!!!

errrrr! pull that bit back out and re thread excluding step ladder loop!!! :p :eek: :^O:^O:^O:^O:pBlushingBlushingBlushing
Heh heh heh :^O

You think thats bad specs,when i used to work for a contractor i had a young loft rat new to the game. :_|

Rewiring a house ,sent him up the loft to wire the lighting circuit,finished job thought nowt of itX(

Some weeks later got called in the office to explain why we had wired through the legs of a rocking chair the guy was storing up there for a family member:|

The little swine had gone through the legs with the feed and the switch drop,when the bloke tried to get it down for the chap who had come to fetch it he couldnt.had to go back and reroute the cables. X(

A good beasting was given to the kid but he never did it againGuiness Drink

At least i dont think he did:D:D

You think thats bad specs,when i used to work for a contractor i had a young loft rat new to the game. :_| Rewiring a house ,sent him up the loft to wire the lighting circuit,finished job thought nowt of itX(

Some weeks later got called in the office to explain why we had wired through the legs of a rocking chair the guy was storing up there for a family member:|

The little swine had gone through the legs with the feed and the switch drop,when the bloke tried to get it down for the chap who had come to fetch it he couldnt.had to go back and reroute the cables. X(

A good beasting was given to the kid but he never did it againGuiness Drink

At least i dont think he did:D:D
i wonder what abuse you gave him before you sent him up there ?????

i reckon he knew what he was doing knowing that you would be sent back !!!!

none at all theory,though he got quite a bit when we where sent back;)Guiness Drink

............Some weeks later got called in the office to explain why we had wired through the legs of a rocking chair the guy was storing up there for a family member:|...........
:eek: :) :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^OApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

classic

How far would you have got it before taking a hacksaw to the steps? ;)
Or if you had made the same mistake on a portable scaffholding tower and had run it for umpteen meters before noticing your mistake.

Its mid afternoon on a Friday and you cant be ar$ed to pull it all back through, climb down to reposition the tower and start again so you take the angle grinder to the cross section thats possibly holding you 25 foot off the ground in the hope you can squeeze the singles out of trouble.

...and then the health and safety exec turns up for a random visit...

lol

Or if you had made the same mistake on a portable scaffholding tower and had run it for umpteen meters before noticing your mistake.Its mid afternoon on a Friday and you cant be ar$ed to pull it all back through, climb down to reposition the tower and start again so you take the angle grinder to the cross section thats possibly holding you 25 foot off the ground in the hope you can squeeze the singles out of trouble.

...and then the health and safety exec turns up for a random visit...

lol
AND you have to return the scaffold tower to the hire company!!! :eek: :pBlushing

Honest Mr Hire company... that cross section had the missing bit when you delivered the scaffold:|Pray;\

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

ceiling grid is my usual! at least they unclip with some persuasion!

or pull a loop of the trunking go under and back in the top is another favorite!