How To Have Your Profit Eeked Away .

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cylinder is about  4 mtrs high  Pache  ,  not sure how high the telescopics go TBH.    With the 8 tread steps ...I just meant that was what I normally carry on the rack .     Its said that a roof rack increases MPG by 5%   so a permament ladder would double that I'd guess.   Thanks for the suggestion though . 

Had a message earlier today ..........the water is only luke warm !!!!!!!      Have to go back yet again on Monday.    I just don't get it .   I will have to turn the stat right up  to the (+)  mark    seeing as there are no temperatures marked on them anymore ................whats all that about ?   
Went back again today ,  covered the time with a bit of lighting maintenance.     As they said in message , water luke warm , stat set at 2/3  so turned it right up ,  no idea what tempeature that is as they're not marked anymore and water seems to reach a reasonable temperature.

So any setting below   (+)  is not hot enough by the looks of it  ,  

Anyone know why there are no settings marked anymore?

im led to believe they are no where near as adjustable as before, the plus minus is only a few degrees.  To stop people setting too high and burning or too low and legionella risk occurring. That could be tripe though as it came from a plumber but seems reasonable to me!

Sounds reasonable Wozz .  The settings on this stat would bear that out .   

Same with the original one that burnt out .  it was sealed in the (+) position with a blob of mastic and I broke that to turn it down to prevent the overheat button operating .   I think you've anwered it there Wozz .

.... and I broke that to turn it down to prevent the overheat button operating .  
surely that makes the design of the thermostat "fauty" or "not fit for purpose"?

The over heat trip should be set somewhere close to, but below, boiling point, so it cuts out as a last resort. Say 85 or 90 degrees?

The main thermostat should have a range of useful values, say from 50 degrees (hot) to 70 degrees b*****y hot)

What I'm trying to say, is the range of normal thermostat settings should all be well below the preset and fixed setting of the safety stat?

This crops up time and time again with nuisance tripping of the safety stat, so clearly it's set too low on a lot of them.

Yet another example of either the standards are rubbish, or nobody applies the standards or nobody checks them. and we have to pick up the pieces of yet another well meaning, but failed pile of @~*&

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree PD  ....but I'm now thinking that my own lack of knowledge about the latest stats has cost me a lot of money in free call-backs . 

It apears as Wozz says, that the new stats are calibrated differently  .   I thought , in my ignorance, that with the replacement stat , (not Backer) I'd set it about halfway ...but it hardly got warm ........I went back and tried it at 3/4  towards the (+)  ...and finally had to wang it right up to get some reasonably hot water for washing the print rollers .