Drylined wall backbox long way back

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wago lever connectors are 32 amp rated and I have used them on ring finals.

why not just pull cables out of the metal ko, remove ko box, and fit dry lining box?
In the end I left the metal ko and fitted a dry lining box in front of it bringing cables through back and used wago lever connectors. Made it nice and easy.

Cheers for all your input guys as always.

Matt

Just as an aside to this discussion, pushfit would not need to be rated at 32A in a balanced ring. In theory, the maximum current down each leg should be 16A, give or take a few amps dependant on where the loads are distributed. 2.5mm cable is only rated at 27A.

Just a thought, I stand to be shot down!

Bez,

Not gonna shoot you down.

Current will never split exactly 50%, unless the point of consumption is at the exact max distance from the orgin and there are no other loads.

However, the general idea is there!

Thanks for that info Paul. So how can you work out how much current is being drawn down each leg of the ring? Would most current flow down the path of least resisance/shortest leg and some current flow round the longest leg? Would all current be drawn down shortest leg back to board?

Cheers

The current will split according to the resistance of the legs of the ring and the current drawn elsewhere.

You can work this out by Kirchoff's current law.

BTW did you get my parcel?

I'll try to find the pdf on the NIC cd when I can find mine as it does have quite a simple explanation!

is that the technical manual sidewinder?

I'll have a look for mine tomorrow if you havent found yours by then,

Im pretty sure it is in the office somewhere.

Thanks guys and thank you sidewinder for the parcel. I thought I pm'd you but my phone sometimes plays up. Your a top man. Thanks

Steps,

Yes the tech manual, I'll try to find mine too.

Doubtful that will be tonight though still got loads of paperwork to finish!

Matty,

Yes you did PM but it seemed to quick for you to have got it!