Dual RCD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is no reg in BS7671 stating this
A durable warning notice must be permanently fixed in a clearly visible position to identify the appropriate isolating devices, where equipment or an enclosure contains live parts which cannot be isolated by a single device.

If the 2 gang 2 way for up and down stairs is fed from 2 mcbs/rcbos then this applies.

Not sure I agree with this. I have seen plenty of multicore swa cables supplying different circuits.

If you followed the BBB to the letter then the upstairs and downstairs 2 way switches need a lovely yellow sticker on if supplied from 2 circuits and I don't see that happening.
I believe what he should have stated was  conductor and not cable.

A durable warning notice must be permanently fixed in a clearly visible position to identify the appropriate isolating devices, where equipment or an enclosure contains live parts which cannot be isolated by a single device.

If the 2 gang 2 way for up and down stairs is fed from 2 mcbs/rcbos then this applies.
if you turn off the main switch, which is an isolator, then condition met since its isolated by a single device. doesnt say they cant be on different circuits

If Regulation 461.2 applies which is likely to then isolation of the neutral conductor is not required for TN-S or TN-C-S systems.

Last edited:

Latest posts