Easy cert?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont know if any one has posted before on this subject, but I have downloaded a trial version of this software and I must admit i am slightly impressed.

I am forever getting mail from amtech about their products.

I must also admit I am slightly set in my ways, so the transistion to electronic form filling is a bit of a jungle for me.I always do them by hand.

Something that andyc said on one post got me thinking about having my own certs so I thought I would give them a trial and see what I thought.

I must admit they are a lot more professional looking and any mistakes can be corrected before final print.

I would be gratefull on any feedback you guys have on this subject and any advise as to which software package you would recommend.

i have looked at easy cert in the past, professional looking reports etc, but the main drawback is you either have to take a laptop and printer to site, or post certs later. the PDA version is useful for MWC, but is very awkward for EIC.

i started making my own cert program in Access. got MWC completed and started EIC but gave up (lack of time)

at the moment i use fluke NCR pads. fill them in on-site, give to customer, and have a pile of my copies lying around somewhere (If i did get a program for certs, i would probably put them onto PC and get rid of copies)

the 4 pads i use are:

EIC (2 page)

PIR (2 page)

Schedule of test & inspection (to go with EIC or PIR)

MWC

If you wanted to make your own (hand written) certs, you cold make them in excel/publisher/other program, and print to NCR paper (easy to get hold of on ebay and easy to use).

I had trial versions of Easycert and Meggers powersuite and really wanted powersuite cos it had bluetooth pushing direct from my MFT1553 but there was no real contest esp as megger sent me a 16th edition of their software.

I purchased easycert pro this week but now feel that was a mistake. I should have got the elite pack with the mobile stuff cos I tried that and even used it today and its very useful.

Ian.

I use megger powersuite software as I was flogged it by cef many years ago although they sold me a duff version which megger upgraded at a price. I pay an annual subscription which then entitles me to upgrades. It is probanly not cheapest on market but I am happy with it. I would never go back to filling certs manually as my writing is not good. I always put readings in my diary and do certs in evening along with part p cert online if needed and insurance certificate if needed.

Batty

EasyCert all the way for me :D

Works a treat - although I'm always after the odd tweak to the certificates.

Worth every penny (or pound!).

D.

I've used easy cert for a few years now & have never regretted buying it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOooo easy to use, the swa / micc / trunk / tube if used as cpc is automatically calculated for csa.

I dont bother getting any certs from NICEIC, I just change the font colours to purple for domestic work & print off easycert BS7671 certs.

If the work is commercial I change the fornt to Blue.

The addition of logos looks the dogs danglies & customers love getting the certs via email.

I like the reports manager makes life so easy when the niceic assessor asks for a list of completed works & corrisponding cert numbers.

I use the customer address database for notification when pir's are due, then drop a reminder to the customers.

And if you hate writing you can even use the auto signature.

I'm going to get the easy pat software (got the local coucil pat'ing contract bagged & tagge now) so will let you know how that performs.

I`m using easycert, and cannot fault it. As with others, my writing is atrocious; and I have a large pad that I write down test results on, then transfer `em to eastcert in the evenings - and do BRCS notifications at the same time. The auto PDF cert is excellent - I really prefer this to powersuite ( which I used before. I looked at quite a few options, and easycert won because of 2 things:

1. the relative cost.

2. the option to print NIC forms. Some customers will only accept NIC certs. Fine. That`s what they get. No hasle, just chuck the cert in the printer, and pdf/email/post the file (with the invoice), or quote for remedial works from a PIR

My thoughts, anyway

KME

2. the option to print NIC forms. Some customers will only accept NIC certs. Fine. That`s what they get. No hasle, just chuck the cert in the printer, and pdf/email/post the file (with the invoice), or quote for remedial works from a PIR
shouldn't that read post the certificate with the receipt?

:)

You never heard of RFC1149 (the Transmission of IP Datagrams on Avian Carriers)? This was the for-runner to this, Transmission of IP Datagrams on Royal Mail. ;)

may I ask if anyone has actually purchased the easycert through the link of our forum sponsor here?

Or even used the link to view the EasyCert Website?

Thanks.