Eic or mwc

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, sorry to change topic slightly, but If your installing a spurred socket from the consumer unit from an already installed circuit, and your not changing the OCPD then is this notifiable if said socket is not in a special location?

Hi, sorry to change topic slightly, but If your installing a spurred socket from the consumer unit from an already installed circuit, and your not changing the OCPD then is this notifiable if said socket is not in a special location?
non notifible

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

notifible work involves, new circuits, alterations in kitchens and special locations, and certain instalations like underfloor heating and non pre wired elv

Thanks Tom,

just wanted to make sure as I am putting a couple of sockets in tomorrow morning in a living room for tv etc, fusebox is an old wylex so i am putting in an rcd fused spur.

However they are having an extension early next year and want me to do all the wiring for them and CU change etc :D

Ps has anybody got a rough guestimate on how much EON would charge to relocate meter/cutout. Presently these are located on the external side wall of this semi detached property and needs to be moved about 5 meters so that its located on newly built front wall.

I know it's not often that I am confident that I am correct in what i say/ask on here but page 8 of my Part P doc clearly states (under additional notes part (a) )Notifiable jobs include new circuits back to C/U and extensions to circuits in kitchens and spec locations (bathrooms etc) etc etc etc

I have been working to this..... has this been updated???
The operative word is in, it means circuits in special locations, not circuits that also supply special locations.

Ps has anybody got a rough guestimate on how much EON would charge to relocate meter/cutout. Presently these are located on the external side wall of this semi detached property and needs to be moved about 5 meters so that its located on newly built front wall.
You'd need to contact them for a quote, could be anything from

Thanks Lurch, I know they need to contact eon to ask the qwuestion, however I know the customer didnt realise the DNO charge a small fortune for these things.

Another customer I did work for had a pantry converted to a downstairs toilet for the kids to use when coming in from the garden.

On the other side of the wall was the garage and so she wanted meter/ cutout placed there instead. eon wanted

Thanks Tom, just wanted to make sure as I am putting a couple of sockets in tomorrow morning in a living room for tv etc, fusebox is an old wylex so i am putting in an rcd fused spur.

However they are having an extension early next year and want me to do all the wiring for them and CU change etc :D

pm robbin spark, i think he has an idear on how much eon will charge to move the meter:D

Thanks Lurch, I know they need to contact eon to ask the qwuestion, however I know the customer didnt realise the DNO charge a small fortune for these things.Another customer I did work for had a pantry converted to a downstairs toilet for the kids to use when coming in from the garden.

On the other side of the wall was the garage and so she wanted meter/ cutout placed there instead. eon wanted

dont know about EON, but NEDL have a fixed charge of about 7-800 to move a mter upto 8mtr

Thanks Lurch, I know they need to contact eon to ask the qwuestion, however I know the customer didnt realise the DNO charge a small fortune for these things.Another customer I did work for had a pantry converted to a downstairs toilet for the kids to use when coming in from the garden.

Quite bizarre you ssy that Toold, an Eon guy lives over the road from this property. :D

Well, I had abit of an embarrassing experience at that house on friday, i was bent over in the corner of the living room fixing some capping to the wall when all of a sudden this randy little doberman jumps on my back and is trying to give it doggy style! To me ffs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The owner thought it was very funny and was ROTFWL

Then to add insult to injury it chewed up my sandpaper out my tool bag and nicked off with my dust sheet.