EICR Unsatisfactory - need advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a redacted copy of the EICR at the link below, apologies it took a while to get it here.

http://imgur.com/a/5Xkc4

im surprised he hasnt given a C2 for the high earth on the sockets, should be around .89 not 1.85. either that or he has fat fingers.

the next test date should be more than 3 month too, generally 5-10 years for a house. on the plus side, the buyer will have no valid EICR in 3 months time

wonder how he knows the service fuse is 60a

Last edited by a moderator:
PD,

Don't get where he calculated the PFC @ 250V?

816*0.29=236.6

So, I would say that the PFC & Ze are both readings directly from his MFT, thus done at the instantaneous voltage seen when they were measured.

AMD2 was only to do with EV's IIRC.

AMD 1 was all 0.4s too.

I only have the green & yellow books on PC.

Yeah, just checked Amd2 only to do with EV's.

And aren't those breakers BS 3871? yet the EICR says 60698

And they are all listed as 'Type B', yet clearly state on the front of the MCB 'Type 1'.  I would have great doubts about the competence of the person who has complied that report, It looks like someone who knows how to press a few buttons to get a couple of test readings but has no idea about what should go in a lot of the other boxes. So just copies them off another unrelated job.

Doc H. 

I wonder if this is just another of these £50 "drive past" EICR's that aren't worth the paper they are printed on....

Would the OP be able to indicate the cost of this EICR and how long the person was in the property?

In addition to the earlier link provided by Sidewinder regarding guidance for the classifications codes C1,C2,C3, one of the most common guidance books recognised by anyone undertaking an electrical qualification, is the On-Site-Guide. (as used and referenced during C&G courses and I believe still permitted in open book C&G exams?). In which various model forms are shown, with examples of typical information they could contain. It can be seen from the page copied below that the OSG example suggests a C3 not a C2 for lack of RCD protection when compiling an EICR following periodic inspection of an installation.

Doc H.

.EICR SAMPLE OSG.jpg

All of those circuits should have a 0.4s disconnection time stated, and inspected to.
Except the 40A shower circuit, 5 seconds.

The max Zs stated are to an earlier amendment, do not include the Cmin adjustment.

pfc on test result sheet says 0.816A

primary supply conductor material=16

There is no requirement for an RCD to provide fault protection on circuits 1&3, only for additional protection.

OP says that the report was done last year, so has expired already

Edit; so perhaps was correct to put max Zs as earlier amendment, depending on the date.