Eicr

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
200-300 notes good going

Dave I see where you are coming from with the testing and sampling,,, with me I tend to get a feel of the installation as soon as I have finished the initial walk round

When I do a visual it takes 1 hour 30ish 75 notes   4 in a day

zs all sockets,,rcd checks,, bonding checked bathroom water + gas 25% removal sampling ,, cu cover off ,,smoke alarms, PAT Test items ,,paperwork as you go on the laptop

job is a good un

OK,

My take on this is as follows, and I do a helluva lot of PIRs

anyone that puts 100% test on the cert is a COMPLETE IDIOT.!

did you test the socket in the loft for the TV amp that was taken from the lighting circuit?

of course you didnt,

what about the socket buried inside the flat pack wardrobe with a mountain of junk hiding it, or the socket feeding the outside lights that is wrapped in a binliner below the flagstone patio?

myself,  >50% is the best I will commit to, yes, I do try and test as much as possible, usually around the 80% mark I would say,

all circuits get R1/R2 , RCD, IR etc

but will I ever say I tested the whole installation, ?  

will I F !

I was recently asked how I would go about doing 400 Eicrs, after talking it through and thinking it through before hand 2 a day is easily achievable (and other small works) with being efficient in the way you go about it, so if you can charge £300 good on you if you change £150 then that isn't bad either. As a one off I don't think £150 for a modest house is bad at all, we can all come up with nightmare sinarios of how bad things can be but let's face it thy don't happen every day over the course of a year it must even its self out out some easier some harder. 

Tell you what Wozz, I'll do those 400 EICR's for you at £300 each.

It will drive me to despair doing that lot on one go, and will take me a year, but at £300 a pop, at the end of it, that should be just the boost I need to get me into early retirement.

Haha, I would have them at that price unfortunately it was a employed position they was just asking me how I would implement it. Two a day easy couple of minor remedials and a small job on the way home no problem. 

Latest posts