Elec Hob And Oven

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electrics_new

Reaction score
hi all,

Went to a customers property today and they currently have a gas hob with electric oven.

They want an electric hob and new oven installing.

The oven is currently just wired into a 13amp plug and plugged into the ring main. The plug is located behind the washing machine.

The oven has a max rating of 3650W (around 16amp) - i'm not happy putting it into the existing ring main.

I was thinking to run a radial circuit from the CU using 2.5mm (T &E) and having a accessible isolation point.

In addition - I told them they will need a gas safe engineer to remove the gas hob and make safe (cap off) as this is something I can't do.

The hob has a max current of 6KW (approx 26 AMP) - I was thinking to run 4mm (T&E) into a 32AMP radial circuit - again with an isolation point.

Or shall I just use diversity and put it on the ring main feeding the kitchen ??

Any advise ?????  

Thanks in advance,

Sorry meant put the existing oven on the ring main and run a new circuit for the hob.

Run 6mm mate

run them both off the same outlet plate (a dual one made by click)

don't need to worry about diversity then

To answer your pm...

You can isolate via a std 45A iso switch as you would a normal cooker then take a single 6.0 twe to the click dual outlet

Another way if doing it would be to have a cooker outlet plate and single socket fed from the iso switch (both in a dual accessory pattress)