Electrical certificate?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats either the original photo or a different CU

there is no 20A rcbo in that
That is b4 he came round, I thought you just wanted to see what board I had. Here it is now

Attachments

• 20221024_194319.jpg
    20221024_194319.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Dare I ask if you have been given any certificates?

Be interesting to see inside that CU

so circuits 8 & 10 have been swapped round.

Wonder why a RCBO was fitted?

Dare I ask if you have been given any certificates?

Be interesting to see inside that CU
Not yet, I got one the 1st time, but only after I paid the bill. He invoiced for £180 today. I expected to pay for the part, but not for labour. Is it illegal for me to take the front cover off?

Is it illegal for me to take the front cover off?
no, and i was going to suggest you do so and take a pic if you're comfortable with that

there may also be another plastic cover over the busbar, that removed too

best turn the power off first through, there will still be some live bits but only on the cable going into the main switch, and not the busbar

There is no selectivity now between the consumer unit rcd and the rcbo in fact this has made no difference it is still wrong. Whether an mcb or rcbo the consumer unit may still trip allowing a back feed to the other circuits. I would suggest this individual doesn't actually know what they are doing.

no, and i was going to suggest you do so and take a pic if you're comfortable with that

there may also be another plastic cover over the busbar, that removed too

best turn the power off first through, there will still be some live bits but only on the cable going into the main switch, and not the busbar
Ok will do

Attachments

• 20221024_201311.jpg
    20221024_201311.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221024_201249.jpg
    20221024_201249.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Edit what I said above I see they have butchered the the busbar and shoved the original circuit at way 10 into way 9 so the rcbo is isolated. Cowboy that is a complete lash-up.

Edit what I said above I see they have butchered the the busbar and shoved the original circuit at way 10 into way 9 so the rcbo is isolated. Cowboy that is a complete lash-up.
So even with correct rcbo this would not be safe?

Latest posts