Electrical certificate?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, it was a legit company too
Legit or not what they have done to that consumer unit cannot be certified as compliant under an Electrical Installation Certificate, I would go as far to say it is potentially dangerous.

Legit or not what they have done to that consumer unit cannot be certified as compliant under an Electrical Installation Certificate, I would go as far to say it is potentially dangerous.
What the ev installation is dangerous

Again the EV board doesn't achieve selectivity between devices. These pictures do no more than demonstrate they are unskilled/uneducated to carry out safe electrical works.

Show the side of the EV enclosure which you have taken off where the conductors enter.

Thought as much that is not a prescribed entry for the enclosure. I couldn't have made that rougher job even if I were paid to do it. Is this a separate company that have done that.

Thought as much that is not a prescribed entry for the enclosure. I couldn't have made that rougher job even if I were paid to do it. Is this a separate company that have done that.
Yes, they installed my ev charger. I'll have to dig out my invoice and see who they were.

Trouble is you have the potential that one day whilst plugging your ev in you find there's no leccy, So investigating the problem you have a look at the board and realise the RCD has tripped. With a second thought you switch it back on, not realising it has tripped because a young member of your family decided to stick a knitting needle in a socket and is still doing so when you switch the RCD back on...

Ok it's a fairly unlikely scenario, but with millions of people in the UK, it can and does happen, and numerous variations of that scenario, which is what makes this set-up potentially dangerous

Trouble is you have the potential that one day whilst plugging your ev in you find there's no leccy, So investigating the problem you have a look at the board and realise the RCD has tripped. With a second thought you switch it back on, not realising it has tripped because a young member of your family decided to stick a knitting needle in a socket and is still doing so when you switch the RCD back on...

Ok it's a fairly unlikely scenario, but with millions of people in the UK, it can and does happen, and numerous variations of that scenario, which is what makes this set-up potentially dangerous
Thanks, I do see the danger of that now. Is this the same for the rcbo that has just been fitted. Page 2

Yes, they installed my ev charger. I'll have to dig out my invoice and see who they were.
I'm sorry to say people like this give our trade a bad name. They are unskilled, uneducated cowboys.

Latest posts