Electricfix invite

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
New Electricfix trade counter opening in Reading, got home to 3x 10% discount & bacon roll flyers through the door & 5 mins ago a phone call on behalf of Electricfix telling me of all the wonderfull discounted offers this weekend, all capped off with

" we only offer our products to professional electricians, this is a trade counter for the trade only..no diyers will be served"

I asked how they will ensure they only serve trade...

"All sales need proof of the individual / company being a member of eca / niceic etc etc".

i got a catalogue from them a while back - my SF account is 'xxx Electrical', so i think thats where they got the details from. and its same account number. so i guess anyone could just go to SF, open an account with 'electrical' in, and they can now shop at EF.

wonder if they have any plans to open elsewhere? there are a few things i was going to order, but delivery is usually awkward. i only started using SF after they opened a place local. too much hassle with deliveries

wonder if they have any plans to open elsewhere?
that would depend on how many sparks use their normal SF to justify it

i have 4 within 20 miles of me so it would make sense to have one near me

I have swaped over to Electricfix in the last the past 3 months and find them great. I have aslo started using Screwfix for emergency supplies, as they are open 7 days a week. I have just had enough of some of the wholsalers that I used, either through late, misplaced or forgoton orderes. And at least with EF and SW I know the price will stay the same for 3 monthes at a time, except cable of cause. Makes estimates easyer to do.

Was told by their call centre that they are planning on "converting" SF's trade counters to EF and PF too. Also there is an EF web site planned.

Ian.

New Electricfix trade counter opening in Reading, got home to 3x 10% discount & bacon roll flyers through the door & 5 mins ago a phone call on behalf of Electricfix telling me of all the wonderfull discounted offers this weekend, all capped off with " we only offer our products to professional electricians, this is a trade counter for the trade only..no diyers will be served"

"All sales need proof of the individual / company being a member of eca / niceic etc etc".
Niceic will also be there ! as well as demos and freebees ! got mine this morn

New Electricfix trade counter opening in Reading, got home to 3x 10% discount & bacon roll flyers through the door & 5 mins ago a phone call on behalf of Electricfix telling me of all the wonderfull discounted offers this weekend, all capped off with " we only offer our products to professional electricians, this is a trade counter for the trade only..no diyers will be served"

They will not check you are trade when I ordered I said I was with British Standards for part p she said that was ok so any Tom **** or Harry could order. The main thing I order is extractor fans as they are a lot cheaper than wholesalers but most of my stuff I get through my main supplier you have to get to know them and them know you. You can't beat there service.

Batty

But dont the plumbers need to be Corgi/Gas safe to buy gas products at trade counters,,Plumb base, Plumbco etc ???

When i go to SF and they need id i show them my elecsa membership card

nope they say we need a credit/debit card as id !!!!!!!!!

I work for screwfix so if you guys need any questions answering just give me a shout!

I work for screwfix so if you guys need any questions answering just give me a shout!
Hello kiwiNCFC, thats interesting, are you at one of the trade counters or the mail order distribution centres?

Doc H.