Electrician knife.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KWCFC

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Starting college on the 13th, and need to get my hands on an electricians pocket knife. (Stanleys not allowed at college)

Anyone recommend any? Doesnt seem to be much choose from on the net.

Cheers.

never used knives since having nearly sliced my finger of in a paper mill.

use the other tools in my box (that are designed for stripping)

Do people actually use electricians knives on site or is Stanley the one?
Its a personal preference I think. Some people prefer one over the other, and other people use them both.

I have never fealt the need to buy one until I found out Stanleys arent allowed in college.

never used knives since having nearly sliced my finger of in a paper mill.use the other tools in my box (that are designed for stripping)
What do you use for stripping big armoured cable? Sorry if daft question, new starter.

Its a personal preference I think. Some people prefer one over the other, and other people use them both.I have never fealt the need to buy one until I found out Stanleys arent allowed in college.
if under 18 i think you cant even buy a knife:C

You have to be 21 and over down here, to buy a knife.

I have always used a Stanley knife - even in college.

I bought an Electrician's knife to compare it. (Prefer Stanley) - but the EK isn't too bad.

i mostly use a stanley knife

for SWA i normally use one of these

41jJCmtUJEL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The only Knives I have are me Stanley and me penknife! :|

never bothered with a "proper electricians knife"

:C
A penknife thats what im after! I always thought thats what people were referring to when they said electrician knife. :Blushing

i found it rather funny when i was told this at college too, no stanley's allowed only an electricians knife, a stanley in my oppinion if you stabbed yourself will go an inch into your body but an electricians knife... your talking 3 inches, maybe a little more. I never actually found the reason for this, more than likely health and safety, or maybe because it is named as an "electricians" knife, thats why we can use it.....

i found it rather funny when i was told this at college too, no stanley's allowed only an electricians knife, a stanley in my oppinion if you stabbed yourself will go an inch into your body but an electricians knife... your talking 3 inches, maybe a little more. I never actually found the reason for this, more than likely health and safety, or maybe because it is named as an "electricians" knife, thats why we can use it.....
I think because it is now a commonly used weapon for gangsters. Knife crime and all that.

No chance of someone wanting to use it for learning their trade or anything daft like that!!