Electrician required

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scouse

Reaction score
I am looking for a couple of electricians to help me on a job next weekend in the Northwest area, the job is to make off and connect 2x 50mm 4 core armoured cables and earths also test and issue a cert for this.

The mains can only be disconnected after 12pm on Saturday afternoon as the factory is running till this time.

The cables need pulling into position which labour is set up for this i have 3x men set up for this if anyone is interested please PM me for more details.

Alll materials will be on-site the only thing that i need is crimpers to crimp the 50mm cables.

Many thanks.

Feel free to ask any questions on things i may of missed out.

Steps, not to get one up on the Mr big M, but I have Hyd & Mech crimpers that will do 50mm if you want to take this on and you are welcome to borrow them.

I would assume by his user name Liverpool would be the prime area, or surrounding area.
Thankyou for your assumption, funnily enough, I'd already made it!

ps I own a hydraulic crimper as well, we should perhaps form an owners club?

Despicable, I was discussing this just last week with another forum member.

To steal another man's tools is to steal his livelihood, this is, IMHO akin to stealing another man's food, or wife, or raping his children.

I know a few dodgy blokes, well I have in the past, and believe it or not, they must have been old school,

they always said they would never take food from a mans table,

ie, his way of making a living, and I truly believe thats the way they worked.

steal from me you are stopping my child from eating, and they really did work like that,

sometimes there are morals in everyone.

You can borrow my hydrolic crimper steptoe if you take the work on
Steps, not to get one up on the Mr big M, but I have Hyd & Mech crimpers that will do 50mm if you want to take this on and you are welcome to borrow them.
Now this is what I like about this forum and its members. :)

:Salute

:Applaud

well now i feel inadaquate ive only got upto 25mm2 gonna go look at tools to make myself feel better.

I've recently been terminating 50mm and 70mm SWA on a National Grid site (where stanley knives are banned !).... and they're a piece of cake. You just need -ideally- a pair of large-ish shifters/ stillsons for tightening the 32mm/ 40mm glands and need to remember to try and cut each core inch perfect to reach it's respective terminal as the larger the cable, the more difficult it gets to bend !. I use a hydraulic crimper and love it, it does a far better crimp than a normal crimper and is easier to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine only go upto 120, but I did only pay a tenner for them!

Well, if we are playing 'mine is bigger than yours'

I have 4 hydraulic crimpers

smallest has dies from 6 to 95

bigger ones are 35 to 400

biggest is 95 to 630

also an older BICC Burndy that has those odd numberings , think they are called 'nest and indent',....but I stand to be corrected [see Kylie or Lois Griffin or Willoghby or Vorderman for details]....also some stuff for overhead lines AND a hydraulic 'shear' that could take a limb off

I think I am 'Crimper Rich'........... :coat

Sorry to be a killjoy guys but i am still looking for an electrician for this coming weekend

Cheers