Emergercy lighting connection

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Chaps and Chappesses,

Is it acceptable practice to feed the emergency lighting circuit from the lighting circuit mcb i,e both into B6 together, Then to fishtail switch for testing purposes.

My other option is to junction the lighting circuit to my emergency light circuit just after the cu but first option seems less hassle.

Reply's on a postcard to - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -ssab

Many Thanks. :D :D:Y:Y Hic

Absolutely fine mate.

This is how we`re doing the hotel at the moment.

The piccies`ll show what I mean, when we`re done!!!!!

But yes, there is zero problem with that. It is actually better than individuated, as you know the EM will operate if something takes out the 6A lighting mcb.

Cheers KME i thought that may be the best way forward but as i mostly do domestic knew that i must check in with the real pro's.

I like this new friends thing and the thank you option only sorry that i have been so busy of late that i have not been able to chat to you all more.

I n these terrible times i wish all forum users and all admins the best.

ssab:D:D

Always best to feed self-contained Emg. ltg from the local ltg circuit. Some people only think in terms of a mains failure but ,as we know , if a stairway lighting circuit failed emgy. lights are not going to kick in.

Deke

Latest posts