Employment... How much to Pay??

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectekAir

Reaction score
I am thinking of employing a qualified spark with 17th and 2391 but also needs some AC knowledge

The Question is how much per hour to pay? I have been self employed for more than 7 years but i was earning just over

There have been a few threads on this subject, one of the main pitfalls for any self employed person is the fact that they never work out how much the running costs of their business is. Armed with that information allows you to work out just how much your labour costs should be, and that will be minimum so then add on the profit and thats how much you should be on per hour.

Everyone will have different overheads which is why you get competition.

I know exactly what our hourly rate is, only trying to find out how much of it i need to pay the new 'Guy'

We are not big enough to want a 'JIB' graded electrician but thanks for the replys!! ;)

what is it with job adverts along with the usual some companies ask for 'part p' what are they really expecting!

I know exactly what our hourly rate is, only trying to find out how much of it i need to pay the new 'Guy'We are not big enough to want a 'JIB' graded electrician but thanks for the replys!! ;)
why would you want any other type :eek:

what is it with job adverts along with the usual some companies ask for 'part p' what are they really expecting!
yes gets me too wozz

well I have no idea what part P qualified really means, as I suppose they dont either.

why would you want any other type :eek:
you might get me, Im not JIB, nor am I bothered, apparently to be JIB qualified nowadays all you need is an NVQ3 , and that is all they want, they told me there was no way I could possibly be a spark because I didnt have an NVQ3, stoopid woman, I told her to ring NICEIC and tell them the QS wasnt a spark and let me know what the answer was.

apparently having 2382 or 2391 doesnt mean anything to JIB anymore.

Ads like the one in post No5 really Part Pee me off , bloody cheeky bleeders , didn't they ask for a clean driver's license too , (like whos got one of those )

If the applicant is that qualified I'd tell him to set up in competition on his own.

Now THAT I don't believe !! StepsOh of course , you don't need one for one horse power , silly me .

How is Hercules by the way ? :p
how dare you

HOW VERY DARE YOU

HOW VERY DARE YOU

but yes, over 20 years and never a point,

possibly due to many years outside England. :D

especially my youth I suppose, so no boy racing,

but never a point.

start off with what they will accept in your area,

message a few people.

try a few agencies see what they are offering, then work out your own costings.

Ads like the one in post No5 really Part Pee me off , bloody cheeky bleeders , didn't they ask for a clean driver's license too , (like whos got one of those ) If the applicant is that qualified I'd tell him to set up in competition on his own.
i have 9 years and still going :Salute :innocent :Applaud