Few days off?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cirrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I have finished until Tuesday now and next week is a deliberate 2 day week for me - time to chill for a few days after a manic first quarter of the year. The wife and kids are going to the in-laws so it's just me and the three dogs! My plans entail chilling and racking up the miles on my new toy, my Aprilia RSVR B-)B-)

What have you guys got planned? Owt or nowt?

No work for me, a local derby cup match on Saturday then relax until Tuesday when it's back to the daily grind. But until then, a good few Guinness

Well I've not done any work Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday this week and only one small job just now.

But the phone rang this morning and I have a little job needs doing, So I said how about tomorrow?

So I've just booked myself a job on a Bank Holiday.

Working self employed, alone, you tend to lose track of things like that. Besides, the only REAL benefit of a bank holiday was a day off when you had a "proper job" but if you are self employed, any day you are not working is a day off, so no big deal.

Well i was going away for the weekend but thanks to the PV company not paying my invoice im stuck in sunny Neath over easter! JOY...

Oh well my work for Tuesday and Wednesday just cancelled but I'm glad really as had a bad feeling about the job so prob for the best. Got to go work in morning to test a supply and hopefully it'll be ok so I can go straight back home :) then taking the mrs and two youngest kids down the brother in laws for a week and I'm coming back home to take the eldest fishing down Hastings to wylands. :)

Well i was going away for the weekend but thanks to the PV company not paying my invoice im stuck in sunny Neath over easter! JOY...
Know THAT feeling - no payments for a few weeks now, other than the odd 1-day job - no bills being paid (super annoying when work is still coming in) - so I`m either doing stuff in the garden, or sorting out the mess my toolboxes / van are in :( :( :(

Well, touchwood! [not the Toad for those that remember] I have been non-stop so far this year and it looks like it is continuing. So the few days off will be spent knocking down the wall that holds up the staircase [i think?], propping up same and creating space for a downstairs toilet. That way I can finish filling the skip and when my plasterer comes back to finish the kitchen wall he will have a free run so he can skim all the wall in one go. Fence to repair, garage to try and get into [i can only get in sideways] so time to declutter abit and put the dross into the skip. God daughters birthday party on sunday and looking after eldest grandaughter on monday and trying to get her to start walking again. She has been in a chest to toes plaster cast for the last 3 months, had it removed on monday last so we now have to get her mobile again.

Also, time permitting, I will service all of my diving gear as I must get back in the water soon as I am getting withdrawl symptoms.

Other than that the holiday weekend is my own... :coat

Know THAT feeling - no payments for a few weeks now, other than the odd 1-day job - no bills being paid (super annoying when work is still coming in) - so I`m either doing stuff in the garden, or sorting out the mess my toolboxes / van are in :( :( :(
dont mention tool boxes mine have just had everything slung in i cant find a damn thing without digging for half an hour...maybe i can do that tonight...thats if mr Guinness doesnt interfere

Working all weekend :-/ same as every other weekend even if it's not electrics work at weekends for my other company / company's

Self and appy are working tomorrow and he'll get Tue off as bank hol. We are off all next week. I'll be at home with th ekids while wife goes to work (she's off this week with them).

Over the weekend we're taking a flight up to Manchester to my folks. If the weather is good we're going to the Anderton Boat Lift on Monday.

PS that's a 'flight' in the Aero!

Currently in hotel with the misses and kids. Spent the day in Lego land, got tomorrow there also. Can't believe it's 1am and the kids are still awake, set my alarm for 6:30am so I can get my revenge by waking them up early.