few testing questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trailer Boy...I asked the guys that did it about paperwork. They told me it was minor works. All I did was supply the kit. I hold my hand up to the fact that I was not as clued up then as I am now. At that time I was purely a mech eng.

Trailer Boy...I asked the guys that did it about paperwork. They told me it was minor works. All I did was supply the kit. I hold my hand up to the fact that I was not as clued up then as I am now. At that time I was purely a mech eng.
Blimey!!!!!

No disrespect to you Technician.. (as you say you were doing as told by a supposed "competent" person)..

but the bloke who told you that deserves to be shot!

Changing a CU is Minor works.... :C :eek:

If that were the case than almost anything on a domestic would be OK on a MWC!!

I cannot think of any one item of electrical work that has implications on the safety of the whole of an electrical installation more than changing the CU...?

Perhaps maybe changing earthing arrangements would be a close second (or joint first)..

But what other work affects EVERY final circuit in a property?

Changes the protective measures for every circuit in a property?

YET.. someone considers this MINOR works!!! headbang :eek: :(

Should he not be verifying that the Zs is ok for the protective measures applied?

And NOTE onto a suitable certificate.?

Trailerboy...At that time I was, as I said, a mech eng in a mech eng role but with considerable experience in electrics but on TOTALLY different systems. I was in no position to challenge the guys, there were other issues and I threw the first invoice in the face of the manager who sent it. A revised one was submitted. Even then, I realised the importance of tests prior to a new board, and thus, they not doing any, were incorrect in not telling me what ought to be done.

Please leave out the expletive Iggy, it is not necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts