fica inspect and test

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crick86

Reaction score
hi just joined this forum today.was wondering if anyone could give me advice on my up and coming fica, on the inspection and testing of the motor circuit.do i bypass the start stop for testing and test straight to the motor terminals?also is this ok for insulation resistance?any advice would be greatly appreciated on this and any part of my fica

thanks

FICA = FINAL INTEGRATED COMPETENCE ASSESSMENT

Looking on the Net, The FICA is the equivulent of our AM2. I thought the AM2 was available in Scotland?

Ha ! Ha! . Stay out of Scotland evvo and you should be o.k. on that one ; \

a1spark

sorry should have said it was the same as the AM2 so does anyone have any suggestions?

The FICA is the practical assessment that all apprentices go thru at the end of their 3 1/2 years at college, it is over two days with a small multiple choice assessment at the end.

Is this the same as AM2.???

It is the same as the old AM2 as the new AM2 requires wiring of data cable as far as i know. I emaild regarding the changes to the AM2 and this did not affect the scottish equivilant "FICA".

Now to answer your question,,,,, i done mine in the last year but its a little hazey now.... but as far as i can remember,

On the pices of paper it asks you to carry out a test (for the life of me i cant remember what it is) but it says something allong the lines of testing the motor circuit but not including the actual motor.... this means you have to take the cables out of the connector blocks and put the crock clip on the cable...... i remember disconecting the motor quite clearly as you have to put the connections back in again as your booth gets inspected after inspection and testing and if its unconnected....... well thats not good.