Finally taking the plunge.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandalay

Reaction score
Have at last felt ready to book a part p assessment. Decided to go with ELECSA and got my confirmation today to have it on 8th of Feb. with Mr John Wormald.

I have been looking through all the other threads for first time assessment tips (very helpful) but anyone with a recent one with any advice what they like , greatly appriciated. Fingers crossed and THANKS

I made the decision after asking a couple of people who wwhere in the different schemes and going through previous threads on this very forum, plus when I was talking to the different schemes on the phone ELECSA seemed to be the most helpful.

Hopefully I made the right choice, dont you rate them?

Vandalay, its all been said on previous threads , have you found them all .

My advice usually is that they actually want you onboard because membership is money , WHAT IS MEMBERSHIP ????..................... MONEY!!!!!

If you satisfy the following , you're in.

1. Some sort of qualification ( Not up on modern ones)

2. 17th edition

3. Regs book

4. On Site Guide

5. Electricity at work Act 1989

6. A complaints book.

7. Test instrument .... Insulation/RCD/ Loop Imp.

8. Calibration certs for above.

9. Evidence that you issue written quotes.

10. A suitable job to inspect ,c/with test results .

11. A Health & Safety Policy. ( Nearly forgot)

They tend to drop in a few questions to gauge your knowlege and competence such as " Why do we do a X5 test on RCDs "

Don't let it worry you , if you feel you are a competent electrician and have the above , you'll be fine .

I think everybody on the Forum gets nervous , bit like taking the driving test , you thought you could drive till you tried it with a bloke with a clipboard, picking flies .

PM me if you need any more.

Deke

Seem to have everything in order on your list 6,9 and11 they actually sent me out the template letters to use(like I said very helpful). Hopefully everthing should go OK but like you said a lot of things seem easy till someone stands on your shoulder scribblig notes. Cheers for the list Deke.

Latest posts